Chapter 48: Las Vegas

The Glomsquad... and Mark, stood in line to book rooms in a fancy ass hotel known as The Venetian. It was an Italian themed hotel in, you guessed it, Las Vegas.

Yep. They were stuck in the city of sex, drugs, money, and gambling for a few days as Launchpad fixed the plane with gum and no one was happy about it. Not even Gloria.

Actually... Mark was happy about it but he didn't count.

Ellie walked back over to Gloria and Gyro in line who were murmuring to one another. "Alright, I'll pay for everyone's rooms." She held up a wallet that she had just stolen, with pride, from a rich guy in the casino, considering none of them had money. And like hell they were going to ask Mark to pay.

Mark wasn't paying attention to them, he was too busy Tweeting about how "Lit" Vegas was going to be, but Ellie made sure to speak with her british accent for safe keeping.

Snatching the wallet from Ellie, Gyro's face went white as he started counting how much cash alone was in there. "Where did you get this?!"

"I stole it."

He threw it back at her, disgusted. "Of course you did, this is exactly why Boyd left!"

Ellie looked over her shoulder to see if Mark overheard that. He didn't. It was kind of funny actually; for someone who was super excited to be on a Reality TV show, he didn't go out of his way to make it that exciting. He probably figured him being on screen was exciting enough.

She looked back at Gyro. "I know you are trying to become a better person, which I will respect, but I will continue to do what needs to be done."

That didn't make Gyro any happier but he just grunted in response before shooing her away. Basically he gave her permission to pay for both him and Gloria's room.

Ellie approached the front desk. "Hello..." She looked at the ladies name tag. "Barbara. Do you have rooms available?"

There was immediate typing on the computer before she looked back up at Ellie and nodded. "Only the most expensive suites. That usually turns a lot of people away so I apologize."

Ellie shook her head. "That will be of no concern. How much would be two rooms?"

That actually grabbed Mark's attention. "O-M-G! You're going to get us the most expensive suite?! YOOOOOOO! I'm so Tweeting about this, not about you, just about the suite lmao! #wrecked!"

Not knowing what the fuck '#wrecked' even meant in context to the sentence didn't stop Ellie from scowling at him. "No. I am simply paying for Gloria and Gyro's suite, as well as my own. You will not be rooming with me." You know for a fact that Ellie didn't forget his comment about her being "free real estate". Like hell she was sharing a hotel suite with him.

That caused Mark to nearly drop his phone. It seemed she made him do that a lot as of late. "EXCUSE ME?! SO IT TURNS OUT YOUR BROKE ASS HAS MONEY AND YET YOU'RE NOT PAYING FOR ME?! MARK BEAKS?!" He was waving his arms like a child. " I DESERVE TO BE TREATED AND PAMPERED! LOADED OR NOT!"

He continued yelling at her as Ellie tuned him out to pay for the suites. She did argue back every so often but didn't want to put too much energy into it.

While whatever the hell that was was going down, Gyro turned to Gloria, trying his best not to cringe at Mark's constant squawking. Gloria had been quiet this entire time and he'd be lying if he said it didn't concern him. This was Vegas; he figured she would be excited at least.

"Hey, what's going on?" He nudged her.

Gloria's body language indicated that she was not comfortable being here. "I can't be here... I don't want to be back here. I swore to myself that I would leave everything I did in Vegas behind and now I'm back!" Leave everything behind with the exception of stripping on the cruise ship that one time but whatever. She grabbed a fistful of her hair on the side of her head anxiously.