Chapter 14: Sailor Moon

"Alright and... there we go." Gyro removed the cord from the slot in Boyd's head that allowed him to access his memories. "That should do it. He'll be shut down for a little bit but I'll give Ellie a call when he wakes." He positioned Boyd to a more comfortable position on the bed before ruffling his hair. "I feel a bit bad. Boyd has been through so much, too much for a kid, and it never crossed my mind once that I could just erase the memories that hurt him. God... I'm a shit dad."

Gloria looked over at him, she was across the room just chilling. "You're not a shit dad compared to Mark." She joked. "Nah, seriously dude. You're a great dad. So much stuff has happened that it's easy to overlook things. Ellie and I did the same so don't blame yourself. Chill."

He sighed before walking over to sit next to her. "Yeah, you're right. Anyway," He started strangely drumming on his knees because he had nothing better to do. "What do you want to do today? I know it's raining so our options are limited. Guess we have to cancel the water slide plans."

Gloria blew off his awkward knee drumming. It wasn't as weird as him swirling his finger in wine. "Aw, shit dude! I fucking wanted to go on the water slide so bad! I was ready to make my way up those stairs, push some children down along the way, and make the slide my bitch!"

"Guess you're gonna have to make the slide your bitch another day."

"Okay. Soooo, I would say let's go to the casinos but I got kicked out of all of them. And most of the bars."

"What about the strip club?"

"After yesterday? Hell to the no!"

Gyro cringed. Man, he forgot about that already. Guess it just proves how much shit they've been through. "Right. Sorry..."

"It's cool. Tell ya what, let's just go to the movie theatre. I dunno what they got playing. Sonic or something?"

Gyro was a fan of video games but he had no idea there was a Sonic movie. "Sonic?"

"Gotta go fast, bitch. It's got great reviews too."

He chuckled to himself. "If that's what you want to do."

"Aight. Well, I'm gonna take a nap so wake me up after Ellie picks up Boyd, kay? Peace." She pumped her chest before leaning back in the chair and closing her eyes.

Gyro bit his lip for a second before speaking up. "Wait. Hold on a moment."

"Bish. What you want?"

"About yesterday..."

Gloria tensed up. She was very happy Gyro murdered two guys to save her but she didn't really want to talk about what went down. She sighed and caved in, for his sake. "What about it?"

"Axel...he mentioned Mia."

Gloria didn't respond to that. But she did, however, sit up and put a hand on her forehead, running it down her face.

"Who was she?" He scooted forward to lay a hand on her knee. "If it's too personal, I'll back off."

When Gloria didn't respond again, he figured that was an "I don't want to talk about it", so he hummed to himself in agreement with her before laying down on the bed to look up at the ceiling and just sorta think.

"She was this girl I knew back in New York."

Gyro looked over at her. He couldn't see her very well since he just took off his glasses to lay down, but he studied her as best as he could, not saying anything.

"A real close friend of mine. She wasn't involved in the gang and she was the only 'normal' person I knew outside of my extended family. I met her one day when she was working her shift at Starducks. It was that cliche thing you see in movies where she was serving me a drink and then spilled it on me." Gloria smiled to herself. "She started crying immediately. It was ridiculous, but I gave her a pretty big tip for the trouble."