Chapter 27: One Night Stand

Mark woke up to the sunlight coming in through the windows. He rolled around in bed a couple of times before blinking his eyes open. It just hit him that he wasn't back at his motel room. He felt his stomach drop while he sat up in bed to see his surroundings. Just as he feared, he saw Heidi was lying next to him, fast asleep. Mark wasn't sure what to do. If he should just get dressed and leave without a word, wake her up, or just pretend to still be asleep and lay back down. He immediately had a strike of guilt wash over him about what happened last night. He thought about Ellie and how he was going to tell her what happened. His mind was so busy racing that he didn't even realize that Heidi just woke up.

She immediately locked eyes with him and smiled. She was on her stomach and propped her head up with her right hand. "Good morning, babe. How ya doing?"

"Ummm... fine, I guess." He raked his fingers through his hair. He hated this and the guilt inside him just worsened when Heidi spoke up. All he wanted to do now was get out of there as fast as possible.

Heidi scooted over so she was closer to him. She laid back down on her stomach and laid her head on his chest to listen to his heartbeat. "Last night was fun, yeah?" She whispered. "...listen, I know we just met and everything, but you're a real sweet guy." There was a pause. "I love you, Mar."

Okay that was the last straw for Mark to leave. He quickly got out of bed and started putting his clothes back on. "Nope nope I'm sorry I can't do this." He couldn't even look Heidi in the eyes anymore. Mark's clothes looked a little disheveled on him but it was good enough for him to leave. He slammed the bedroom door behind him and opened the GPS on his phone to see where he was and how to get back to the motel. Luckily he still had his hoverboard with him and Heidi's place wasn't too far away from Margaritaville. He rode back still trying to piece together everything that happened and how he was going to break the news to Ellie.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Gyro and Boyd walked down a sidewalk hand in hand.

"Man, I had no idea you liked Chuck E Cheese so much."

Boyd looked up at him and laughed. "Well, I didn't at first. Funzo's Funzone is wayyyyyy better. But there aren't many things for me to do in Tampa. All the other kids were really nice yesterday there too."

Gyro shrugged. "Alright, but if there is anything else you'd rather do like build sand castles, or go to the park or a museum, I'll go with you."

"Can we do all of those things tomorrow?"

Gyro was about to say no because he had no idea when they were leaving Tampa, but by the way things were going, they probably would be there for a bit longer. They didn't have a car, and none of them had a credit card on them in order to buy one.

Maybe Jimmy Buffett could help them out?

"Of course we can." It came out as a sigh although Gyro didn't mean it to. "We're going to be here for a while so we can do everything you want."

Before Boyd could ask what was wrong, the Chuck E Cheese doors opened for both Gyro and Boyd before either one could open it for themselves.

Two employees walked out.

One of the girls turned to Gyro frantically. "Are you Mr. Gearloose?! We have been trying to get in contact with you for quite some time."

Gyro took a step back. "What do you mean?" His heart started to beat faster. His mind automatically went to Boyd had done something yesterday at the establishment, but that wouldn't have made sense. Boyd was very adamant on following rules.