Chapter 52: Mr. C

The fifth Bellagio Fountains show began for the day. Maybe it was the fifth? Mark lost count because they had been standing there for goddamn HOURS.

He would've left Ellie to do whatever the fuck she had going on with those fountains if it wasn't for the fact she looked horrified when he said he was going to leave. He couldn't wrap his head around why that was but he honestly gave no shits about anything and just shrugged it off. His phone could keep him occupied enough until she was done watching water dance to classical music.

Mark was playing 'Kim Kardashian: Hollywood' when his vision started going hazy again. Oh hell no. It was that weird ass dream bullshit again, wasn't it?!

Sure enough it was. He didn't know where he was but the image of a Waddle flash drive in his hand was very clear. That was the only thing he could see until the image changed, giving him a massive headache on impact.

Now the image was even clearer, but he was somewhere else. The flash drive was gone.

The horrifying thing was... it felt so real. It was nothing like his vision yesterday. The texture of the brick wall he was leaning on was very present, and he could feel the vibration of the Electronic Dance music on the other side. Across the street, strobe lights reflected off of empty store windows, confirming his theory. He was at a rave.

He turned to see a woman beside him. Who she was? He had no fucking clue. But she had a dank ass eyebrow piercing so that's lit.

She suddenly turned to him and scoffed. Mark would've flinched if he was able to move.

"Dude, really? You're a billionaire and could get any chick you want and you program a robot? I dunno what to tell you, dude. If you want to force a robot to date you that's kinda fucked but that's not my business. Nothing is my business." She looked away from him and took out a cigarette. "Why'd you do it?"

Another voice chimed in and took him a second to realize it was him speaking.

"Well Ellie and I were already kind of a thing before she was destroyed so when I had to rebuild her I figured that the extra programming wouldn't hurt anything. We got in fights and we made up every time so I'd say it worked. She just seems more... defiant lately? I really don't want to lose her."

"Okay. That is so many levels of fucked and I don't even know where to start. But I'll start with this. 1) you're dating an object and 2) If you were the one who built her then aren't you her dad or something...?"

Mark was taken aback, his dream state self and his real self. "I- shit. I mean... no? But. Nah, dude we don't call it that. Look, this is what happened so yeah."

"Mark?" A hand waved in front of his face. "Are you alright?"

It was Ellie and when she moved her hand away the sun hit his face, making him cringe. Man, where was his Gucci sunglasses when he needed them most?!

He blinked a couple of times to get his eyes adjusted to the light and coming back to reality from his second flashback. "Yeah yeah I think so? I dunno I had one of those weird ass visions again? Like the one I had when we were listening to old people music. But this one was longer." Mark realized that was starting to ramble but he kept going anyways to say all of his thoughts out loud just in case he forgot. "I was talking to this girl about you? Then there was a rave and a flashdrive?... It's all so freaky."

Ellie didn't know what to say. That statement gave her zero information of what his flashback was even about. "Do you wish to speak of it?" She hoped he said yes. She needed to know what he remembered or if it was anything important.