Chapter 45: Home-Depot

"Ahhhh, Home Depot. Where I truly belong." Gyro smirked, placing his hands on his sassy hips at the entrance of, you guessed it, Home fucking Depot.

Gloria, Heidi, and a now repaired Ellie followed behind. Everyone had a change of attire considering their other ones kinda got blood and shit on them, but ya know. Finally, the ugly Jimmy Buffett outfits were gone. The only one not too happy about it was Gloria. She cried in Heidi's bathroom for an hour the night prior. She lost a shirt with Jimmy's signature TWICE.

"Okay," Gyro turned around to face the group like the leader he was "I'm going to grab the extra materials I need to repair Boyd since his programming is extra complicated compared to Ellie's. No offense Ellie."

She glared at him.

"Anyway. You guys can follow or do whatever else you want in this- this heaven."

After everything that had happened, Home Depot was Gyro's true therapy. As soon as he exited said heaven, his problems and PTSD would return.

"Okay, I'll meet up with you later. I'm going to go huff paint. Heidi, you wanna come along?"

Her face lit up, but a thought at the back of her mind itched. Why was Gloria okay with being alone with her after everything that had happened? It was odd. "Sure! I'll tag along!"

"I will 'tag along' with you, Gyro." Ellie stated. She hoped she could be help in finding tools for Boyd but she knew deep down she wouldn't. Homie didn't know shit about his programming.

On a side note, she really didn't want to be there. She was only there because it was too early in the morning to go to the hospital because visiting hours didn't open up until ten so for all she knew, Mark had passed away during the night. So yeah, she was in a shit mood. Also Tina was already dead so she couldn't be the one to murder her which was very unfair.

Ellie slowly followed Gyro to the section that held a variety of wrenches. He was putting a shit ton of tools in his basket, so much so that it got to the point where Ellie could only assume he was getting carried away being the inventing nerd he was. There was no way Boyd needed that many wrenches but she didn't question what the fuck he was doing.

She stood behind him awkwardly for a while, twiddling her new thumbs, before sighing.

"Dr. Gearloose, may I address something with you? It is about Boyd." She referred to him formally which could only mean it was a rather serious subject.

Gyro wasn't looking at her. He was too busy checking out all of the different kinds of wrenches. "Yes, what is it?" He grabbed another wrench and threw it into the cart and started walking a little bit further down the aisle, with Ellie following next to him. Now he was looking at screwdrivers and started going mad by throwing the first five pairs he saw into the cart. Didn't even bother to see what they were exactly. Ellie could tell that when he gets out of his sugar high, he will have to start putting some of these things back.

"Back in Savannah when I told you that I wanted Boyd to live with you and you alone, I did not say that because I was under the impression I was going to die. I mean it now as well."

He finally turned his attention to Ellie, giving her a confused look. "You do? Why?"

Now that he was looking at her, she looked away. "I believe you know why. You were correct about everything from day one; about my programming being unstable and me being evil." She didn't want to but she looked back at Gyro for the sake of what she was going to say next. "Boyd told me himself that I am a horrible mother and it is true. He finally understands how terrible of a person I am so I need you to be his permanent caregiver rather than me or...Mark. I do not think Boyd would have a problem with never seeing me again. If you need clarification, you can ask him yourself once you repair him."