Faith

After last night's events, the following day was extremely intense for both Chloe and Lucifer. Besides having to investigate a crime and catch a murderer, they had to be sure that no other celestial was secretly following them. They didn't talk to eachother very much, and that only about the case. Lucifer didn't even make as many jokes as he would normally do and everybody noticed that. As about Chloe, every kick that she was feeling only made her more worried than she already was.

And Ella was the first to sense this awkward tension between them and the first time she had the chance, she pulled Chloe somewhere private and started talking on a lower, but still concerned voice.

"Hey Decker, are you okay? Did something happen to the baby? Or between you and Lucifer?", she asked very concerned.

"No, we...we're fine", Chloe said but saw that Ella wasn't convinced at all, "I am serious Ella, everything's fine, it's just a stressful time for both me and him".

"Oh Decker, come here", Ella said and hugged her hoping that it will make her feel a little better.

"Thank you, Ella", Chloe said and hugged her a little before she went back to the investigation.

Normally, Chloe would be able to leave her private life dramas apart from work, but this time her worries didn't want to leave her head. She wasn't able to concentrate very much, especially when she was outside the precinct or when her baby would kick. And when Lucifer saw how disconnected she was from work, he grabbed her hand and went to an interrogating room to have a quick talk.

"Detective...I know last night was pretty tough and you can put the blame on me for that, but is there anything I can do right now to make you feel better?", Lucifer said with a sad, but hopeful voice.

"Lucifer, this isn't your fault, you need to stop blaming yourself for everything. Don't forget that I put myself in this situation when I said that I want you by my side. And I don't regret it for one second", she said and smiled a little. "Even though I haven't been myself today, it's just because I worry maybe too much. This is just how I am, so although I have not been like myself today, knowing that you're here prevents me from actually going crazy", she chuckled at the end.

Talking about her feelings certainly made her feel a little better, especially because her love for him was so strong that it had the power to erase her worries just from talking.

"Have I told you how incredible, stronger emotionally and now physically and perfect you are? Detective, I can't describe how amazing it feels to be the one who stays by you side", Lucifer said and caressed her cheek.

"Just a million times already, but I never get tired of hearing it from you", Chloe said smiling and hugged him, "let's talk more later. I should really get involved in the case now".

"Of course, let's catch another criminal", Lucifer said excited.

The rest of the day went well, Chloe even had a little fun when the main suspect tried to shoot her but she caught and arrested him right after that, the work time ending with a very confused criminal behind bars. This meant time to leave the precinct.

"Well done, Detective! Enjoying the invulnerability, aren't you?", Lucifer asked a little jealous.

"While I still can, yeah, it feels amazing", Chloe said teasing him.

"Your welcome then", Lucifer said.

"Oh shut up", Chloe said laughing a little, remembering what it took to have this ability, "let's go home".

And with that they were holding hands and walking out of the precinct after a long day. But even with all the work, the fact that "home" had the same meaning, the same location for both of them was the greatest reward.