Surprises

They let Friday slowly pass, a day that was usually boring and full of paperwork. As she said, Chloe was now moved to light work, a thing that everyone close to her was glad about. She and Lucifer did paperwork all day, but they couldn't wait for the day to be done. He had prepared a relaxing day at the penthouse that especially Chloe deserved.

Both Ella and Dan checked on her that day and made sure that she was okay after what happened the day before.

An hour before work time ends, Lucifer slowly rose his eyes from the paperwork to look at Chloe. Like he usually does in the morning, he admired her beautiful ocean blue eyes slowly moving while she was writing. That made him move his eyes to her soft hand that now he wished to hold.

Chloe was concentrated on her work and she didn't pay attention to her surroundings until she felt Lucifer's eyes on her.

"What is it?", she asked.

"Nothing really. Just admiring you", Lucifer said.

She smiled, "come here", and she moved more in the right so Lucifer could have space to her left.

He took his chair and went next to her. He liked being closer to her, even if he wasn't going to do anything romantic. Her presence was enough to make him feel blessed.

"Happy now?", she asked and grabbed his hand.

"Very", he said and he leaned his head on his other hand, just looking at her and smiling.

"Please, stop staring", Chloe said, almost not being able to resist him, "in less than one hour we'll have the rest of the day for ourselves, so, until then, think about something else to do".

"But Detective, I know you like it", he said whispering in her ear, sending shivers down her spine.

"Stop", she said, let out his hand and suddenly stopped writing. "Saved by the baby, I need to pee", Chloe said and got up, leaving Lucifer to continue her paperwork.

In the ladys bathroom it was also Ella. She took advantage on that to check on Chloe again, even if she already said that she was fine.

"Chloe, how are you?", she seriously asked.

"I already told you, I am fine", Chloe said.

"I know, but now I am really asking you how you are", Ella said, "I mean, aren't you at least a little freaked out?".

"It doesn't matter, now I am not working like I used to", Chloe said.

"You know it's better like this, but believe me, I already miss you on the crime scenes", Ella said.

"Any chance you'll tell me anything about the new case?", Chloe asked.

"Nice try. Relax chica, these weeks are meant to be stress-free for you", Ella said.

"You know as well as I do that soon I'll die from boredom", Chloe said.

"But you have Lucifer! You can do like anything you want", Ella said.

"What I want is these three months to pass", Chloe said.

"I get it, but you should totally enjoy the time you have left. I mean, this baby is going to leave you sleep deprived and won't let you do the nasty for weeks", Ella said.

"Okay, this discussion ends now", Chloe said, but she giggled a little.

"Fine, but consider what I said", Ella said and went back to work.

Chloe went back to work too and it felt like the time wouldn't pass. Both her and Lucifer were grateful when it was finally time to go. They quickly went in the car and Chloe drove to LUX, which was starting to get fuller and fuller. But it didn't matter, because in the penthouse it was as silent as it could be.