A good day to (almost) die

As Monday came in, it was officially Chloe's 25th week of pregnancy. She woke up feeling pretty good after a well-spent weekend and she was also slowly adapting to her growing belly. With Lucifer still beeing asleep, she took a few minutes to just look at him, at his peaceful face, at his glowing hair and at his beautiful bare chest. She leaned closer to him and kissed the corner of his lips before she got up and took from her wardrobe what she was going to wear.

Closing the bathroom's door behind her, Chloe decided to oficially start the day talking to her daughter.

"Vera...are you there?", she said and started poking her belly, waiting for a response, "it doesn't matter if you won't respond, you should enjoy your sleep after all".

She took a short pause, waiting for her baby's response, but nothing happened. "Anyway, I wanted to say one more time how much I love you. So much that sometimes it hurts...but that's also why I will always be here for you, to protect you, to listen to you, to see you grow. Oh Vera...please be healthy. I know that you may be half an angel, but I don't know if that means a life without sickness. So, at least for now, please be okay", Chloe said still rubbing her belly.

It was like her little baby was understanding her and immediately reaponded with some of those long waited kicks.

"Thank you", Chloe said smiling while keeping her hand where she was feeling Vera's kicks.

It was one of those mornings when she was more emotional than usual. While looking down at her belly, she was amazed by how her life turned out to be. Pregnant in her mid-thirties with a healthy baby girl, that was also the Devil's. Even if this was clearly not the way she was imagining her relationship to progress, she couldn't be happier. In that moment, with every kick that she felt, she was more and more carried away from reality, sinking in her thoughts.

Until she heard movement in the kitchen and knew that Lucifer was now awake, possibly preparing breakfast. That was when she put on her jeans and a large sweater that she just got from her friends. Still, her bump was pretty recognizable at this point, so she couldn't hide it from anyone.

When she exited the room and met Lucifer in the kitchen, a smile involuntarily appeared on her face. He had this effect on her every time, especially in the morning. She, as well as him, still couldn't believe that they would see each other every morning.

"Good morning", she said as she was approaching to him.

"Good morning Detective", Lucifer said and stopped what he was doing so he could grab her closer to him, "you look stunning".

"As you", she said and looked into his eyes.

He snorted a little, "Well...breakfast will be ready in a couple of minutes. You should eat until I get ready myself".

"I will, but first I want to do this", she said and started kissing him.

On his forehead. On his nose. On his cheeks. On his lips...more than one time. And Lucifer was pleased, gently twiching at her touch, surprised by her gesture but shortly after, he was fully enjoying it. When she reached his lips, it was like he couldn't let her go, he was slightly dissapointed when they broke the kiss.

"I know this question may upset you, but what was that for?", Lucifer asked.

"I just love you so much", Chloe said and hugged him the best she could.

"I love you too", Lucifer said and hugged her back.

Shortly after, he let her enjoy her breakfast while he got ready. After some time, they found themselves at the precinct, where they waited for a new case. It didn't take long until Chloe recieved a call, informing her that a new murder occured in which one man died and a woman ended up in the ICU.