Nightmares and doctors

In the 7th week of her pregnancy, Chloe started to worry more and more about Friday. She couldn't focus at work very much, her mind was all about her dream that she had almost a week ago. It was the only dream she ever had about her baby. As much as she tried to dream again about her(she was now refusing the idea of a boy), it was in vain.

Until the night before Friday. It was a normal night, she and Lucifer fell asleep on eachother again.

************************************
Now, Chloe wasn't in Lucifer's penthouse, neither home. She was surrunded by darkness and an intense fear embraced her.

"Hello?", she asked and her voice echoed in void.

"Mom! What are you doing here?".

It was a teenager boy's voice.

"My boy...", Chloe said to herself, "where are you?", she asked loudly.

"Right behind you".

When Chloe turned around, the boy was almost as tall as her. But that detail wasn't the one that got her attention. His skin was dark, burned red. He looked like a mini-Devil, just like Lucifer looked like when he thought that evil will be released. She hated herself for feeling afraid of the boy as she stepped back.

"Mom?What's wrong?Why are you afraid of me?", he asked confused.

"I"m...I'm not afraid of you. It's just...too much. This, everything. What does this mean?", she asked overwhelmed.

The boy ignored her question. He looked dissapointed, frustrated, angry and sad. "Aren't you happy to see me?After all these years?".

"What do you mean?", Chloe asked confused.

"Mom, I was taken by demons and forced to rule Hell since the day I was born. I thought seeing your son after 16 years would make you happy. I guess I was wrong", he said while looking right into her eyes.

A sudden wave of pain shattered Chloe's body as she looked into his eyes.

************************************

"Darling, wake up", she suddenly heard Lucifer's voice calling her and escaped from her nightmare."It's okay, my love", he said caressing her shoulder.

It was still dark outside and Chloe was shaking, even though she didn't realise that.

"I had a very bad nightmare. I saw a boy. But he looked like...well, you. When you make your transition to your Devil form. He said that the demons took him and made him the King of Hell when he was born. And it really freaked me out Lucifer", Chloe said worried.

"Oh Chloe, I'm so sorry that you had this nightmare about our little creature. But I promised to you that I won't let anything bad happen to it and I'm a Devil of my word", Lucifer said with a calm voice.

"I know...thank you", Chloe said after she stopped shaking. She got up and kissed Lucifer, then she crashed again in his arms.

"Sleep well, my love, It's a big day and you need to be rested", he said.

"I know...thank you. Goodnight again".

And with that they both sleeped peacefully.

The day felt like it would never end. With no new case, Chloe had to do paperwork all day and this time, Lucifer didn't complain at all, even if it was the most boring day of his entire life.

They smiled to eachother when the work finally ended, knowing that it was time to see their baby for the first time.

They left the precint in hurry and entered Chloe's car, as always with Chloe in the driver's seat.