Paint war

And here comes a very hot Sunday of August. Lucifer and Chloe woke up in the same time, one more excited than another and remained in bed for a few more minutes. They just stood there and looked at eachother like it was the first time they fell in love.

"Is something bothering that beautiful mind, Detective?", Lucifer asked while looking in her eyes.

"Not really, it's just...the room will be ready next week for sure and it makes me feel like she'll be here so soon", Chloe said a little anxious.

"I know, I don't think I'll ever get used to be a Dad, or even worse, to be called Daddy", Lucifer said a little disgusted, "at least you got used to that from the small human you already have".

"Yeah, but it's not that simple. This is another person we're talking about...and sometimes this thought scares me too", Chloe said, "but we will be fine. I don't know if it helps saying this, but you're already a dad, it's just that there's no-one yet here to officially call you that. But when she'll start saying <<Dad>> or whatever, you'll just love her even more. It will be the most amazing feeling in the world, I promise", she smiled while saying this.

"I'm relying on this promise, Detective", Lucifer said and got up, "for now let's just eat breakfast".

"Okay and don't forget that we're going to Dan's first to leave Trixie for the week", Chloe said and got up too.

"Right", Lucifer said and went to get dressed while Chloe checked Trixie to see if she packed up everything she needed.

"All done, monkey?", she asked her while inspecting the room.

"Yes, I actually woke up a little early and packed everything I needed so you and Lucifer will have more time at shopping today. Although I wanted to help with painting and assembling what you bought yesterday, I know the room will be beautiful without my help", Trixie said.

"Oh monkey, thank you", Chloe said and tightly hugged her daughter, "let's take these to the car".

Once Trixie agreed, the two of them took one backpack each and put them in the car until Lucifer prepared something to eat for everyone this time. Not a very fancy breakfast, because they were in a hurry, but as tasty as possible.

When everyone was done eating, Chloe went to change into something suitable for going outside while Lucifer and Trixie cleaned up the plates.

Even if he would never admit it, Lucifer enjoyed spending time with her. He didn't know if it was just because he's going to have a daughter himself or that he liked spending time with someone as childish as he sometimes is. When they were done cleaning, Trixie went in the car and waited for them to come.

Even if Chloe was wearing just regular, comfy clothes, Lucifer would never get used to how stunning she looks.

"Detective, you look lovely, as always. How do you do that? You always catch me off-guard", Lucifer said and got closer to her.

"Aww stop it", Chloe said and blushed a little.

"Stop what? Telling the truth? Never, my love", he said and kissed her soft lips.

"You're so sweet, I love you", Chloe said.

Proud of hearing that, Lucifer said "I love you too" before the two of them joined Trixie in the car.

It didn't take long until they arrived at Dan's place. Lucifer remained in the car, he didn't want to see Detective Douche's face even in weekends. He let Chloe and him have a quick talk until Trixie took her stuff from the car to his apartment, but not before he said goodbye to her.