Work and dreams

Now that Trixie knew about her new sibling, it was easier for Lucifer and Chloe to hang out at her place more. The little one enjoyed spending time with both of them, especially when Chloe was teaching Lucifer how to behave at the clinic on Friday.

"C'mon Detective!I'm not a child. In fact, we shouldn't compare our ages, I'm far older than you can imagine. So, what makes you think that I'll say or do inappropriate stuff ?!", Lucifer said in exasperation.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe because you always say or do inappropriate things? And that's at work, with a lot of strangers. When it will be only one(the doctor), I don't even want to know what you'll say", Chloe said in a serious tone.

"You know what?No words will come out of my mouth from the moment we enter that clinic until we're done."

"Good luck with that", Trixie said giggling.

Little moments like these made Trixie feel like she finally was in a happy family.

On the other hand, Lucifer disliked a lot when Beatrice interfered between him and Chloe, so they decided to talk about Friday when Trixie was asleep.

After a long Wednesday, both of them couldn't wait for the night. Lucifer started to spend every other night at Chloe's without realising that he didn't miss Lux or the fancy parties he'd usually go to.

After Chloe put Trixie to sleep, she joined him in the living room.

"Ugh, I'm so exhausted", Chloe said while crushing on the couch. Suddenly, her stomach growled. "And hungry apparently. I ate an hour ago...but I guess a donut never hurts", she said while looking and Lucifer with puppy eyes.

"Darling, you don't have to make that face everytime you want me to bring you something. I'll always bring you whatever you want", Lucifer said before he went to a special cupboard filled only with donuts of all kind. "What flavour does the little creature want this night? There's vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, cherry, blueberry, jelly and coconut. Honestly, it's impressive that all of them fit in this little space."

"I think I want something a little more...sophisticated. Like a blueberry donut with little pieces of banana and a lot of powdered sugar above all of that. Oh and some orange juice, please?", Chloe said as she watched Lucifer's face drop.

"Well, I can't say that I don't like extravagant food, but Detective this donut sounds so disgusting that it may kill you", he said while pouring some orange juice into a glass and gave it to her.

"But it's want we want to eat. Please. I promise to not bother you about the appointment tonight", Chloe said as she layed down.

"Sounds like a good deal to me", Lucifer said and started preparing the blueberry donut as requested.

When he was done, even if it didn't take a lot, Chloe was already starving.

"Thank you", she said as she started to devour the donut, leaving some powdered sugar around her mouth and nose, "mhmm it's so good".

Lucifer chuckled at the sight. Seeing Chloe a little childish was something he really enjoyed. Before he wiped off the cream and sugar from her face, Lucifer secretly took a photo as he went to put the plate in the sink. Little moments like these made him realise how much he loved her. The fact that she was carrying his baby and accepted him completely made him able to see that he had to make sacrifices too, because that's what you do for the people you love.

"Let's go to bed, shall we?", Lucifer asked.

"I thought you'll never say that", Chloe said as she grabbed his hand and went to bed.