Beach day (2)

After they ate some of the food they brought, it was that time of the day when the sunlight was the strongest. If they weren't alone, Lucifer would have definitely spread his wings to protect her from sunburning, but for now he was happy to let her in the shadow made by the beach umbrella.

Anyway, for him it didn't really matter, because he was staying above her almost the entire time. He was stealing kisses from her whenever he had the chance, it was like he was addicted to her lips. It was like they were the only people who were at that beach, letting the world just run itself in the background while they were laying in their imaginary bubble.

He knows (and also checked) that Chloe isn't an angel, but she was really looking like one. It was like divinity was running through her body and was making her glow even without the sunlight on her face.

They rested for a long time, Chloe staying with her eyes closed, even if she wasn't falling asleep while Lucifer went to swim for a while.

First, she watched him getting smaller and smaller into the ocean, the moment when she closed her eyes and smiled. She wrapped herself in a dry beach towel and put both of her hands on her belly. She smiled. She knew it probably was the 100th time when she thought of how different her life could've been if one single night never happened. But every time she felt her little daughter, who was not so little anymore, she couldn't imagine her life any different than this.

She would've got lost in her thoughts if Lucifer wouldn't have come all wet and cold over her.

"Oh my gosh, you're so cold", Chloe said, trying to put the beach towel between them.

"Oh come on, Detective! Enjoy the view", Lucifer said.

She rolled her eyes, wrapped the towel around him like he was a little child and ran her hand through his wet hair.

"I prefer knowing that you won't catch a cold", Chloe said.

He mumbled something. "Please Detective, I'm immortal, remember? I don't experience human ilnesses".

"Since you were able to make this happen", Chloe said while pointing to her belly, "I won't take any chance".

"Fair enough", he said and and leaned on the sunbed while keeping his eyes on her and smiling.

"What?", she asked.

"You're just very beautiful, my love", Lucifer said.

Of course he made her smile with the same compliment that she will never get tired of. Especially through her pregnancy, she really needed hearing that from her partner and every time she did, she felt like she was even more in love with Lucifer.

"Thank you...", she shyly said and leaned to kiss him, "so are you".

"Well of course, but today is not about me", he said and then realized the improvement that he made and smiled at her.

"Mhm? Then what plans do we have for the rest of the day?", Chloe curiously asked.

"Well, I think that we stayed enough here and we haven't eaten anything consistent yet, so I may have a restaurant in mind", he said and watched Chloe's face become excited, "and then we shall take a walk around here...our spot is not far from there".

"Sounds perfect...we haven't been there in so long. But first, we will wait for you to dry", she said.

"Then it might take a while Detective", Lucifer said and wrapped his hands around her, staying in the big and kind of wet beach towel, "because I'm not letting you go".

She laughed because she was actually trapped in his arms, but she didn't mind. "Good. I don't want you to let me go", she softly said.

And they stayed like that in silence for a while, enjoying themselves and feeling as safest as possible. They were for sure going to miss this silence and privacy, but what was ahead of them was worth it.

After they were both dry and satisfied with the time spent at the beach, they put on their clothes and went back to the car. Lucifer drove to a slightly fancy restaurant with an ocean view and fewer tables so that they could have a little more privacy. They were done with their order in fifteen minutes and Lucifer promised to drink just water like she has to.

"This place is amazing", Chloe said while looking around and then letting her eyes just enjoy the ocean view that somehow she never gets tired of.

"Well of course, Detective! I only bring you to the best ones in town", Lucifer said.

"I know", she said and smiled. It felt nice, all of this, soon eating, watching the sunset, listening to Lucifer's inappropriate jokes which she couldn't get mad at right now, talking about Vera and making plans for the next week.

It was a lot, they didn't even realized how fast the time passed. They ate their food pretty quickly, but remained there a little longer before leaving.

"I really loved it, the food and the view....thank you, Lucifer", Chloe said.

He softly smiled at her. "No need to thank me Detective...you deserve this. You know, nothing makes me happier than seeing you smile and I would do anything to see it as often as possible".

She almost said "thank you" again, but instead they got up and she kissed him. It was a long and sweet one. Then, she gently pulled back and looked at him.

"Come on, our spot is waiting for us", she said.

"You are absolutely right, let's get out of here", Lucifer said and left clearly more money than what was written on the bill.

It didn't take long until Lucifer parked the car once more. He took Chloe's left hand into his right and slowly walked until they stopped in the same spot where they had their first kiss.

"I missed this place...I can't believe the last time we were here was before Vera", Chloe said.

"I'm sure we will come here more often. I...I want us to bring her here. It's our special place after all and Vera, well, she is very special to us", Lucifer said.

"That's very, very sweet of you, of course we will bring her here", she said and put her other hand on her belly, "you know, I'm actually jealous of how fast she made her way into your heart".

"No need to be, my love. You literally owned my entire heart. Now you two ladies are sharing it ", Lucifer said.

"And you dare to say that you're not adorable", Chloe said and they both laughed for a little while.

"Well it's one hundred percent your fault", Lucifer said.

"I can live with that", Chloe said and continued laughing, but now looking into his eyes.

Lucifer came closer and caressed her right cheek. "I love you", he quietly said, even though there wasn't anyone around them.

"I love you too", she responded and then their lips met again with the same love and passion as always.

Only they know how long they remained on that beach, watching the stars and sharing their love. One thing was clear though: the two months that remained left were going to be crazy, filled with dozens of emotions, but very beautiful.