Family time (1)

Saturday morning settled in as fast as always and Lucifer was the one to wake up first. But not of the excitement nor the mysterious feeling provoked by trying new things, which happened pretty rare in his case. He was hit by the fact that time passes too fast, like one day it was Monday and after two minutes it's already Saturday. A sudden wave of fear shattered his body from the moment he opened his eyes. He remembered how he used to say "I have time to feel prepared, there are eight months left", and then eight became seven, then six, five, four and now three. It was like his mind was ignoring what Chloe, Linda and Ella said about him, that he will be a great Dad and all of that. His mind was tearing his heart apart, giving him unwanted fears and insecurities.

From the moment she woke up and rolled over to him, Chloe could feel Lucifer's tense body and this time, her touch didn't help him feel better.

"Hey, what happened?", she asked and continued to caress his chest.

"I...I suppose dear old Dad decided to give me a little breakdown on this special day", Lucifer said.

"About what?", Chloe asked.

"Oh you know..how fast time flies by, how soon there will be a baby...an actual living being that will rely on us twenty four seven and how unprepared I still feel, even if somehow you are all telling me that I will be great", Lucifer said frustrated, "I really didn't miss that bloody feeling".

Chloe took a second to think about something that would actually help him, not the banal "you will be a great Dad" that she was already saying to him as often as she could.

"I know that this day can bring different kind of emotions, not just happinness and love... and Lucifer, that is totally okay. Doubting is a part of this whole process, it's what pursues you to become better and better. I think that's why, despite everything that we are telling you, your mind keeps questioning you", Chloe said, surprised of the deep morning conversation.

"So...I will be a good Dad, even if my mind tells me otherwise?", Lucifer asked confused and Chloe nodded, "this is bloody confusing. Why would I want to do this to myself?".

"I don't know...maybe because everything that is happening is new and you just want to make sure that Vera won't feel unloved once she's here", Chloe said and smiled as she was saying that.

"I'll be damned, I think you're right, Detective", Lucifer said, "bloody insecurities, what's missing now are my Devil eyes turning pink".

She couldn't help but burst into laughter after hearing that, "I am sure that won't happen. Come on, let's get ready, today is about having fun".

"At games created by a thirteen year-old! At least I'll get to make fun of Detective Douche", Lucifer said.

She gave him the rollying eyes classic look and got up. She decided to wear a dress today, just as she did at the gender reveal. But this time, it was because she was in lack of maternity clothes.

Getting ready himself, Lucifer dressed up in a classic black tuxedo and went to prepare a quick breakfast for everyone.

In the meantime, Chloe was doing her makeup. Being alone in the room, she started quietly humming something that came into her mind to entertain herself. And while adding a little bit of blush, she felt her baby kicking. She didn't know if they were random or because of her humming, but Chloe still smiled and continued until she was done, Vera accompanying her with every louder sound that Chloe would make.

"I love you", she said and smiled while cleaning around her.

She was now done and didn't hesitate to go downstairs, where Lucifer and Trixie were talking in the kitchen. But, as soon as she entered it, Lucifer stopped everything that he was doing. Not because he wanted to, but he was stunned by Chloe's beautifulness. For Trixie, she just gratefully smiled seeing her mother and Lucifer this happy together.