A brother-sister reunion

Another week passed oddly peaceful. Especially Lucifer (but Chloe tool was being extra careful once again for any celestial interruption. Chloe took advantage that she didn't leave work just yet to distract herself from all the celestial drama that was happening around her. And, even if she trusted Lucifer more than anyone else when it came to her and their baby, she couldn't help but worry maybe too much. These intrusive thoughts that came unexpectedly and didn't let her do paperwork were really the worst.

She would put her head in both of her hands, leaning against the office desk. All this stress was obviously making her more tired than she usually was. Lucifer noticed that. He even tried to offer to do the majority of the paperwork for her, but she shook her head, letting him know that even if it's a kind gesture, she needed a distraction from everything.

Honestly, Chloe just couldn't wait for this to be over and actually be able to enjoy her 30th week of pregnancy. She couldn't believe how fast time passed by and how close they were to meeting their daughter. This is the only thought that could make the rest of them go away. As anxious as she felt, she couldn't wait to hold their little baby in her arms, to finally look at her and be able to meet her.

On Thursday morning, Lucifer woke up with a strange sensation, but he couldn't recognise what it was at first. When be got out of that sleepy state, he rolled over to Chloe and gently caressed her cheek.

"Remy is coming today", he thought, but didn't manage to say out loud.

Then, he looked at the clock. It was a little past seven. He started to kiss Chloe all over her face which made her inevitably wake up. When she figured out what was happening, she started to smile and giggle at every kiss that she felt.

"Good morning", she said and ran her hand through his hair, looking genuinely happy.

"Good morning, Detective", Lucifer said and smiled back to her.

"Slept well?", he asked as always.

"Mhm, the best I could. And you?", she answered.

"Excellent", he said and got up, "are you hungry?".

"Is that even a question?", she laughed.

"Right, well, you should get ready until I prepare something", Lucifer said.

And they did so, Lucifer quickly dressed up and prepared breakfast until Chloe got ready too.

While they were eating, Chloe saw the same worried face that Lucifer had a week ago.

"Is everything okay, Lucifer?", she asked.

"Yes, no worries. I just think that it's best to leave you at the precinct and be on my own today. I have a feeling that dear Remy will show up today and I don't want you to be around her. Who knows what she would do if she finds you", Lucifer said.

She tried not to look very concerned by the last sentence, but her heart was already beating faster than it was before.

"Okay, okay. It's a good idea, the precinct anyway is probably the safest place where I could stay", Chloe said.

"Exactly! But even if you weren't there, I won't let my sister know where you are. I will take care of this, I promise", Lucifer said.

"I know, but please don't do something stupid or reckless and be careful" , Chloe said.

"I will just make sure that she will leave us alone. I will be fine", Lucifer said.

"Okay...thank you", Chloe said and they continued eating in silence.

Soon, they were ready and left the penthouse and Lucifer drove to the precinct. When they were alone at her desk, Lucifer hesitated a little before he could leave.