Plans over plans

As soon as the 17th week started, Ella was now bothering both Chloe and Lucifer about the party. About the date, invitations, themes, decorations, mini-games or the moment itself.

So, on a Saturday morning everyone agreed to meet at Linda's and plan everything once and for all.

Of course, Ella came at Linda's a lot earlier than planned, with the same excitement as always.

"Linda, hi! I've heard so much good stuff about you, how are you?", Ella said and hugged her.

"You must be Ella", Linda said smiling, "considering we were supposed to meet 2 hours later, I'm a little confused, but aside of that, excited actually".

"Yeah, sorry about that. My head is exploding with ideas and I needed someone to talk to", Ella said.

"I get it, you did well. This way, we won't overwhelm Lucifer or Chloe too much than they already are when they get here", Linda said calmly, "but please wait a second while I go and change from these pajamas".,

And in a couple of minutes, Linda showed up wih Charlie in her arms and started wandering around the living room.

"You're going to be the first who finds out the gender of the Deckerstar baby! I really admire your capacity to not tell anyone this incredible news", Ella said a little jealous.

"Obviously, it will be wonderful, but we aren't planning a very detailed party just to be ruined by someone who says the gender too soon. So, my mouth is sealed", Linda said.

And then the ladies started do some planning over coffee. Meanwhile, Lucifer and Chloe just woke up. Every morning now Chloe would talk to the baby or poke her belly hoping to get a response while Lucifer would comfort her after being left on seen.

"Ugh, nothing again", Chloe said dissapointed.

"Don't worry, my love. It will happen sometime, but obviously when you don't expect it", he said and kissed her cheek, "let's prepare to visit Linda now, we have a lot of work to do and it's not the kind I enjoy"

"I know, but this would've been a lot harder if we wanted to host it , I'm grateful that Linda and Ella are so involved with all the planning", Chloe said as she was choosing her clothes.

"What can I say, we have great friends, don't we? But I still don't know why we bother so much, it's not like the little creature can actually see the party", Lucifer said.

"Well...I kind of thought that maybe we could record all of it. With the people that will come and of course, the moment when we find out", Chloe said while she filled her head with cute little images of what she thought everything will look like, "and maybe we'll say something too".

"That is a wonderful idea Detective! The first person I'll introduce our little creature to will be Detective Douche, of course. It needs to know the basics about some people" Lucifer said cheerfully.

"I....actually you deserve some fun, why not", Chloe said.

Then, both of them got ready and drove to Linda's place. To their horror,  there was paper everywhere, and in Ella's hands was a huge list of God knows what.

"Finally you arrived!We have so much to discuss", Ella said as soon as they entered in the house.

"Ella, when did you arrive? I thought we discussed 11 a.m.", Chloe asked confused.

"That doesn't matter right now Decker! What does matter is what you want from this list. We'll go through every option, so you'll make the best decision", Ella said.

"Then let's get started, shall we?", Lucifer said and sat on the couch, next to Chloe.

"Great. So first things first, should we put the date in two weeks from today? Or just one?", Ella asked while she opened her agenda to write down everything.