What about the punishment?

Later that day, Lucifer was ready to finally meet Chloe. Even if he wasn't there from the beginning of the case, he could catch up with everything.

So he did his most Luciferness thing and showed up in the middle of the precinct, in the middle of the day and in the middle of an investigation.

"Well hello Detective, who do we got here?", he said looking to a very sweaty middle-aged man."Is this our suspect?Are you kidding me?!".

Chloe was surprised to see him so soon and started to worry that he wasn't ready to attend work just yet. But she had faith in her partner so she informed him about the new case.

"Excuse my partner sir. Lucifer this is Ted Wilson, our victim's father. I already got his alibi checked so he isn't the killer. I will fill you up when I'm done here, for now please wait outside".

,,Please wait outside''. Lucifer shouldn't make a big deal about the last sentence, but he felt bad about having to let the Detective alone. Interrogation was his favourite part after all, mostly because he could use his mojo to help her solve the crimes.

As Lucifer was standing at Chloe's desk all he could think about was how the Hell she managed to be so calm, so brave, so amazing that not within a week after finding out about a half-angel thing that was growing inside her, she was already working and acting like everything's fine. They should really have a conversation once the case is closed.

After a few more minutes, he saw Chloe exiting the interrogation room.

"Ah, Detective, finally. Big news: I talked to Linda and now I'm fine. Meet Lucifer 2.0, an improved version of me just for that little creature"

"Lucifer shut up!And be quiet, nobody around here knows about it and I'd like to keep it that way for some time. No time now for this discussion", Chloe said hoping nobody heard their talk.

"Fine Detective, tell me everything I should know about this case", Lucifer said a little dissapointed. But he understood, if Chloe wasn't ready to tell everyone, then he'll wait. Linda was just an exception, she was his therapist after all.

"Well, remember a few days ago when we saw the woman stabbed 13 times in her abdomen?That was her father you were making fun of!", she said a little pissed off. Normally she would just roll her eyes, but these bloody hormones got the best of her.

"Easy Detective!I'm sorry, now please tell me about what we got so far before I fall asleep of boredom"

"Fine. Turns out the victim got into a shady drug business and didn't know how to get away so she paid with her life for betraying the dealer. Interesting is that I talked to the dealer and he has a checked alibi too. So I got stuck and decided to talk to the victim's dad and he mentioned that he and his daughter weren't close at all. Turns out she cut him off after a big fight about her boyfriend."

"So our victim has a boyfriend", Lucifer interrupted, "clearly the killer if you ask me. So, let's find that bastard and punish him Detective", Lucifer said enthusiastic.

"If only it would be that easy. He is nowhere to be found, the police is still looking for him", Chloe said dissapointed.

"So we just stay here?Wait?Do nothing?Impossible Detective, I'm sure there's something we can do!", Lucifer exclaimed.

He actually didn't know why he cared about this case so much. A little free time for him and Chloe wouldn't hurt. But for some reason he wanted so bad to make that man pay for his murder, for killing the woman who trusted him the most. Sure, there was no solid proof that he was the murderer, but let's be honest, it's always the boyfriend.