What a way to finish the first trimester

After another four weeks, things started to return to normal. Dan apologised to Chloe for how he acted, but he still didn't talk much with Lucifer. New cases came and our favourite team solved them together.

Now it was time for the second appointment, which both Lucifer and Chloe were nervous but excited about. Seeing their little one again, who was not a dot anymore, was something they were both looking forward to.

So, in that Monday morning, they had to hurry up, because the appointment was at 8 a.m. and it was already 7 when they woke up.

"Come on Lucifer, I don't want to be late, you know how important this is", Chloe said while she was knocking the bathroom door.

"Detective calm down, you know I can fly you there in a couple of seconds. At least let me shower properly", Lucifer said desperately.

"And how you'll explain to dozens of people who will see you your wings?It's daylight. We'll take the car, so hurry up", Chloe said before she started to prepare breakfast.

"Yep, that's your daddy little one. He can be a total idiot sometimes, but I love him. And you will too, once you meet him. For now, let's just hope that he won't be the reason why I'll see you later than I'm supposed to", Chloe said to her baby.

"Detective, who are you talking to?", Lucifer asked confused. To Chloe's surprise, he was ready, all dressed up and everything.

"To the baby", Chloe said smiling, "I talk to it as often as I can".

"But why? The little creature can't understand a word you're saying and obviously can't answer to you", Lucifer said before he started to eat his breakfast.

"I know, but it makes me calm when I'm anxious. And I don't want the baby to feel alone, so I let it know that I'll always be here. You can talk to it too, if you want", Chloe said.

"No way I'm going to do that Detective. Let's just go and see that little creature", Lucifer said.

So, that's what they did. The same road, same emotions, same waiting room.

"I despise this part, Detective", Lucifer said impatiently.

"I do too, but that's how things work. It will be worth the wait, that's the most important thing to know", Chloe said while she was constantly rubbing her stomach.

After a while, a nurse said loudly "Chloe Decker!", which raised both of Lucifer's and Chloe's heart rate. As usual, they got up and followed the nurse into an examination room.

Now that a transabdominal ultrasound could be done, Chloe didn't have to change into a gown (to Lucifer's dissapointement).

"How're you feeling?Anxious to see the little creature again?", Chloe asked.

"Not at all Detective, it's just a tiny weird-shaped thing. I'm waiting for the day when I'll see some wings on that screen", Lucifer said.

"Some what??!", Chloe said shocked.

But she didn't get to continue, because Dr. Rivera entered their room with the same happy mood as always.

"Good morning Chloe, Mr. Morningstar. How are things going lately?", she asked.

"Hi Doctor. Pretty well actually, I've managed to keep under control the morning sickness and we've made it official to everybody", Chloe said smiling.

"I'm happy to hear that. Let's get started then. I want you to lift your shirt. I'm going to apply a cold gel on your belly", Dr. Rivera said while Chloe did as asked.

Feeling the sudden cold on her stomach made Chloe shiver a little, but as soon as the doctor placed the transducer on her stomach, the sound that filled the room warmed up Chloe's heart.