37. to love recklessly.

Depuis le début

Her eyes widen, "Sorry, I'm a little lost."

I turn away from her peering eyes, piercing my soul. "Opal, I'm so horny for you." She grabs my arm, forcing me to look at her giggling face. "Why is this funny?"

"I'm sorry, it's not funny." She squeezes her lips together, trying not to laugh but failing to do so.

"Why are you laughing?"

She covers her face with both hands, hiding her laughing face. "It's not funny, I'm sorry." She chuckles lightly. She grabs my arm, making me take a step closer towards her. Gently rubbing my arm she grins. "You're pretty darn hot yourself. You make me nervous... in a good way. Koa you are so good looking." She scans my body, biting her lip. "I've never done any of this before so it's a little frightening."

She brushes her hair behind her ear while holding my hand with her other. "Are you embarrassed that you feel this way?"

"Kinda, I mean your Opal. And we're waiting, so I'm trying not to let this over take my body. Does that even make sense?"

She nods, her curly hair bouncing with her movement. "It makes sense. But..."

"What?"

"I think I'm ready. It's just, I'm in a cast. Won't that make things complicated?"

"No, but Opal we don't have to do this, we can wait for you to get out of that cast, or we can wait however long you want to wait. I don't want to rush you, or make it feel like I'm pushing you."

"Koa," she places her hand on my cheek. "You aren't pressuring me or rushing anything. You've been so sweet and understanding."

"You've been through so much-"

She nods, "So have you."

"I'll wait, however long you want. You are worth the wait."

She smiles, causing her freckles to crinkle. "Have I ever told you how amazing you are Koa?"

"Me? Amazing? I think you have the wrong person."

Her legs wobble beneath her, scooping her up I place her on the couch, sitting beside her. She sits in my lap, placing both legs on either side of me. "Koa." She grabs my face, "You are amazing, you are so worthy and beautiful and capable. You've come such a long way. You've been through so much trauma and hardship and are still surviving. And yet you are willing to wait for me. How many guys would wait for a girl? So yup, I would say amazing." She giggles behind her hand, "And you have abs, abs Koa. Not a ton of dudes in high school have abs."

O P A L

Koas cheeks fade red, he wraps his arms around me, pulling me against his body. "Ditto. You are amazing yourself Opal. Somehow you still look on the positive side, which I don't understand how. That wasn't really romantic or anything, you said it better then I could."

I chuckle, "You have your way with words."

"So.. you like my abs?"

"Oh gosh."

He laughs, laying his hands on my thighs. "Hey, it's a real question, okay?"

"Okay." I giggle. "Yes. I like your abs."

"What else do you like?" He questions with a raised eye brow and a smirk playing at the corner of his lips.

"Hmm." I run my fingers through his dark hair. "Your hair is pretty nice."

"Just nice?"

"Lovely, it's very lovely and soft and silky." I clarify.

"Anything else?"

"Your eyes, they're so bright and vibrant. Your lips are pretty kissable. Hmm, what else? Oh yeah, did I say your abs?"

"No, I don't think that's been mentioned."

I wrap my arms around his neck and laugh into his shoulder. "I'm ready when you are Koa."

He presses his lips against mine before moving me off his lap. "I gotta take a piss."

"Oooh so romantic."

He chuckles as he walks into the bathroom, closing it behind him. I fiddle with the hem of my top as a string dangles from it. I stare at the tall ceilings, watching the ceiling fan spin. I hear the door to the bathroom open but don't bother looking. "Did you flush?" I ask sitting up.

"Oh my gosh!" I squeal, covering my eyes and giggling hysterically. Peaking through my fingers I see Koa leaning against the door frame in the bare-nude.

"Koa!!" I shriek.

He cackles to himself, walking up to me. He hoists me around his waist, carrying me into his bedroom, slamming the door shut behind us. Laying me on the bed he kisses my jawline. "Your really ready?"

"I'm really ready."

He opens his bed side drawer and sighs heavily. "What's wrong?"

"I'm out." He pulls an empty box of condoms out of his bedside table.

"I actually have some in my bag on the counter." He dashes out of the bedroom and comes back in a few seconds later.

He pulls my top and skirt off, tossing them to the other side of the bed. His lips press against mine before moving down my neck, along the curve of my chest. His lips graze my shoulder, moving my strap aside. His fingers trail down my thigh and up my back, unhooking my bra strap.

-

Koa huddles into my back, wrapping his arms around my chest. "Koa."

"Hm?"

"I love you."

He snuggles his head into my neck, leaving kisses behind. "I love you too Opal."