42. beautiful tragedy.

This song 💕

K O A

Wilson grabs a wedding band off his desk, fiddling with it between his fingers. "I didn't know you were married Wilson."

He gazes down at the gun mental ring. "I'm not."

"Oh?"

He grins with tear filled eyes. Clearly giving it his all not to cry. He turns away from me, standing in front of his window. "Were you married Wilson?"

"Yes I was, for six years."

"What happened?"

"Um." His voice wobbles and crackles. "She died of breast cancer."

"Oh.. wow. I'm really sorry Wilson. What was her name?"

He clears his throat, taking a seat in his chair. "Her name was Audrey." He tells me with flushed cheeks.

"May I ask how you two met?"

He grins, "We were high school sweet hearts actually. She broke up with me the end of graduation because she was moving to London for college. A year later we ran into each other again and married three months after reuniting."

"How old are you?"

"Twenty eight."

"How old were you two when she.. passed away?"

"Twenty five." He mutters quietly, taking a deep breath. "How's Opal doing?"

"Better. She isn't having headaches as often now."

"Good." He clears his throat, adjusting himself in his seat.

"I heard Marks family is suing the school because they expelled him?"

He nods, his slick back salt and pepper hair falling into his eyes. "Yes that's correct. The school board is trying to make it so he can't even step within one hundred feet of the school property."

"Awesome!"

A slight grin tugs at the corner of his lips. "Would you like anything to drink before our session ends?"

"Got anything new?" I ask, leaning to look at the cart that holds various drinks and snacks.

"Actually I do. There's  two new teas, chai green tea, or Earl Grey with lavender and vanilla."