16. sunshine delight.

K O A

K O A

My hands shake uncontrollably, I shove them into my hoodie pocket, trying to hide the fact that their quivering. I wipe the sweat off my face with my shoulder and stare at the freshly cooked food in front of me, gulping down the excess saliva in my mouth. I watch Wilson hum and tap his foot whilst flipping bacon. Once he finishes, he places his food on a clean dish, placing it across from me.

"You doing okay Koa?" He questions, placing his napkin on his lap.

"Um.. yeah. I'm just never really hungry this time of day."

"You don't eat breakfast?"

"Not often, no."

My head twitches to the side and my foot taps repeatedly, unable to control my movements. He guzzles down most of his eggs and half of his bacon. His brown eyes meet my gaze, as he places his fork down it clanks lightly against his plate. "Is everything alright Koa? You don't look so good."

"Ye-ah, I'm f-f-fine."

He leans against the table, "Koa, you can stay here for as long as you'd like. There is no hurry for you to leave, you aren't a bother. I rather enjoy your company."

"Thanks Wilson." I mumble, slinking down in my seat, staring at the food on my plate. I force down most of the meal that he had cooked for me. "May I wash your plate?"

"That's okay Koa."

I grab his plate and pile his silverware onto it, cleaning our dishes and placing them in the dishwasher beside me. "Thanks for breakfast Wilson."

"Would you tell me if something was wrong?"

I force a smile onto my face and nod, "Yes."

He gently places his hand on my shoulder, giving it a light squeeze. "I would hope so. I'm here for you Koa, any time of day. Please, don't hesitate to tell me anything. I just want to help. You're a good man, I would hate for anything to happen to you."

"I Uh..."

"Yes?"

"I think imma hurl." I dart for the nearest bathroom and go about my business. After a few minutes Wilson swings the door open, crouching down beside me.

-

Later that day.

I pull my shirt off and douse it in cold water underneath the sink, wrapping it around my shoulders. I cup my hands underneath the water and splash it on my face. I wander back into the locker room full of idiots. Pulling my locker open and sitting on the bench beside me.