15. to survive a storm.

Wilson Griffen^

K O A

As I walk through the crowded hallway I feel eyes burning holes in my skin, like fire ants crawling across my body. Every person I pass stares at me, horrified. The person next to them whispers things into their ear; rumors being spread like a bullet to its prey.

"Yo Whiley!"

I roll my eyes, just the sound of Flynn Chetwoods' voice gives me a headache. He's one of those rich, varsity guys that has that higher than thou attitudes, the guy sucks ass. Whenever he's around I have an almost untamable urge to punch him in the mouth, just to get him to shut up.

I crack my knuckles before turning to face him, puffing out my chest to appear bigger than I really am. "What Chetwood?"

He and his crew of preppy douches crowd behind him. He crosses his arms over his lilac colored golf shirt, chuckling lightly. "I heard what you did at the corn maze yesterday, nice going."

"It's not exactly something I'm proud of."

"Why not? You made the guy shit his pants."

"It wasn't my intention, now would you scram?"

"Me? Do you know who your talking to Whiley?"

"No, I'm just stupid." I seethe sarcastically, letting out an irritated sigh.

"Stupid like Knox."

My back stiffens, "And how is my brother stupid?"

"For fucking that Asian beauty."

"Don't be racist you dibshit. Eileens nicer than you'll ever be."

He cackles, "Wow, such a great comeback."

"I wasn't-" I shake my head, "Your not worth my time Chetwood." I adjust my bag on my shoulder, continuing down the hall. I stop abruptly when his hand lands on my shoulder.

He laughs in my ear, "I'd kill myself if my dad were doing such awful things to me." I hear his shoes tap against the floor and him and his friends laughing. I turn around swiftly, grab his shoulder, and jab him in the mouth.

He stumbles backwards, the boys behind him catch him before he hits the floor. He covers his mouth as blood leaks out, drizzling down his shirt. "I'd shut the hell up if I were you. You never know who you might piss off."

-

I push open the black katti front door, as I enter I hear an unfamiliar voice shouting in the bar room. My fathers maid Vera straddles up to me, sweeping the marble floor in the process. "Your father," she whispers in her thick Russian accent, "Isn't very happy with you Koa. You need to leave while you can."