40. like milk and honey.

O P A L

O P A L

It's hard for me to even look at him. It's been two days since he got hurt but he doesn't seem to be getting better, only worse. His bruises are just as prominent as the day he received them. Not faded in the slightest. His stitches have reopened twice now, he just doesn't care.

I don't know what to do, he can be so stubborn sometimes and that's what makes this so hard. It breaks my heart to just look at him. I can't help worrying. Knox has tried taking him into the hospital again, but Knox is still recovering.

"Don't look at me like that." He growls harshly.

"Koa you're in pain. You have got to go to the doctor."

"No."

"Yes!" I shout, louder and harsher than I intended.

He stays silent, glaring at me. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say it like that. But I'm serious Koa. You can't just sit here and expect to heal when you keep re-injuring yourself."

"I'm fine." He huffs, pushing himself off the chair. He freezes, gripping his side and groaning in pain.

I hop to my feet and grab his arm. "I'm not joking Koa! I will drive you."

He yanks his arm away from me, "I said I'm fine Opal."

Thunder roars, shaking the diner and lightning flashes outside the window. Storm clouds dare to let rain seep. Gushes of wind violently sweep against the brick building.

"Let me help you. Please." I beg in defeat. "Please Koa."

"Drop it." He spews. His face fading red.

"You are in literal agonizing pain Koa. I will not just drop it. Weren't you just the one telling me you worry about me? That you were scared you weren't with me? This is not a one way street. This is serious and you have got to get help to heal. You aren't taking it easy. And this anger isn't going to make it any better." I grip the bottom of my floral dress, tugging on it.

" I grip the bottom of my floral dress, tugging on it