38. to weather a storm.

GUYS! I found a gif of Knox, you don't know how happy this makes me! 😂

K O A

I tap on the steering wheel, waiting for Princeton to come out. But for some reason it feels like he's been in there with Wilson for an eternity. I just can't shake the feeling that there's more than he's telling me.

Glancing at the clock I realize he's been in there twenty minutes past his time. Slamming my car door shut I hurry into the building and outside Wilson's office door.

Just as I'm about to knock the door swings open. Wilson and Princeton stand side by side, staring back at me. "Koa?" Wilson inquires with a raised eyebrow. "Your next appointment is on Monday."

"I uh.." rubbing the back of my neck I step aside. "Um... I was actually here to pick Princeton up." I explain. "I was checking to make sure everything was okay since he's been in here past his time."

"We're all good here Koa." Wilson smiles kindly. He raises his glasses to his eyes, narrowing at his book log. "Princeton. How does Tuesday at.." his eyes trail, ticking his tongue against his teeth. "How does four thirty in the afternoon sound?"

"Good Mr.Griffen."

"Then it's set." He scribbles into the notebook. "Sorry guys. It's been a little hectic since I got the new office and my secretary is out on maternity leave."

Crossing my arms over my chest I glance over at Princeton. "Have you looked into hiring someone while she's gone?" I question.

He pulls the chair at the desk out, taking a sit and typing away at the computer. "I have. I put an application on the board at the school, here, and online about three months ago. I haven't gotten any takers."

"That sucks ass."

He eyes me for my language. "Butts." I huff. "I have a feeling you'll get some takers in a pinch."

"Thanks Koa. You boys have a good weekend."

"You too Wilson."

I slap my arm over Princeton's shoulders. He shoves his hands into his coat pockets, ignoring me. "Yo, did I do something Princeton?"

"No, why?" He asks, opening the passenger side door.

"Your just.. more quiet then normal. That's all." I clarify, starting my car.

He shrugs, buckling his seatbelt. "Can I connect my phone?"

"Sure. Are you hungry?"