13. grey skies.

NF is the da bomb. ^

K O A

K O A

Opal leans down, tying her green Converse. "So where are we going?" She inquires, brushing her hair behind her ear.

I shrug and slam my door shut, starting my car. "Not sure yet."

"We could go bird watching?" She suggests, watching the trees pass outside the window.

"You still bird watch?" I ask.

She bobs her head up and down, "Of course, it was fun the few times you bird watched with me." A small grin appears on her face, the freckles on her cheeks fade as she blushes.

"That feels like it was a lifetime ago."

"Eighth grade." She whips a bag of food from her pocket, "I made trail mix."

"How did that bag fit in your pocket?"

She shrugs, waving her hands in front of her like a magician, "I'm magical."

I chuckle at her dorkiness. "Real magical."

She giggles to herself, "Uhuh."

I glance at her in the rear view mirror, she sinks down into the seat with her arms crossed. "What?"

"Nothing." She mumbles.

"Seriously, what? I know you have something to say."

She grabs a piece of her bright hair, playing with it. "It's nothing Koa."

I roll my eyes and adjust my grip on the wheel, "Opal." I seethe out, my tone of voice frightening her.

Her back stiffens, "I was just going to ask you a question, but I don't want to push any buttons."

"Just ask, I'll either answer or I won't."

"Why are you hanging out with me? You hate me."

"Opal I don't hate you, your perkiness is just annoying."

Her smile is quick to disappear, "Oh."

"Now you know what it's like to be the victim."

"What do you mean?"

"Take it as is."

"Okay." she looks away from me, rubbing her hair between her fingers. "Sorry."