19. retrograde.

K O A

K O A

Everything around me slows as a bead of sweat drops down my neck, towards my back.  I jab the patched up punching bag to the point it falls off the ceiling and breaks, powder pouring onto my feet. I yank my gloves off, screaming and tossing them to the other end of the room. Pulling out my mouth guard I wipe my upper lip with the back of my arm. I wipe my eyes before the tears manage to exude.

It's been three days since I've seen Opal; I can't bring myself to go visit her. I'm the worst person alive, letting myself walk away from her, alone, at night in the most dangerous part of town. I deserve everything that comes my way, I deserve to die.

I shake my head, raking my fingers through my sweat drenched hair. I pick up my boxing gloves that I flung across the room. I gather my things and head towards the semi empty locker room. As I shove the door open I see a dude snorting what looks to be cocaine. I lick my lips, boy it would be nice to forget. No, I shake my head, I can't. I've been sober two months, Knox wouldn't be happy.

The guy shoves the half empty packet into his jeans, sniffling and pulling his shirt on. I stumble into a bathroom stall, upchucking everything my stomach had into the toilet. Flushing the toilet I wipe my face and mouth out at the sink.

"You alright?"

"Uh yeah, fine."

His eyes stare at me, scanning my shirtless body. "You're like a stick."

"The last guy that said that ended up in the emergency room."

He chuckles, rubbing his nose. "No offense man, you look like your starving yourself. You sure your okay?"

"Just peachy."

He grins and pulls the packet back out, pouring some onto the back of my hand. "Go for it. You could use it."

"I uh.."

He pats my back, "Don't mention it." He slips his jacket on before exiting through the fire exit.

I stare at the back of my hand, trying my hardest to resist. My mouth drys as I sniff the powder, my heart pounds against my chest, begging to get out. My foot taps and my hands quiver. I wipe my finger of the remaining substance, rubbing it along my gums. I shove all my belongings into my bag, slinging it over my shoulder and heading my way to Sparkys place.

As I make my way there I dart towards the red door, banging on the door till someone answers. The door swings open, I stare at a girl with purple hair. "Wow, your hair is bright." The sweet smell of marijuana fills my nose.