48. the boy with a mended heart.

This song is the sweetest! 😍

🌟Please consider leaving a review.🌟

K O A

K O A

"Come on Polli, you can't still be mad at me for doing that." Randy takes a seat next to her. She scoots away from him on the couch. "Polli." He glances between Opal and I. "It's been two days."

She huffs, crossing her arms and turning her head away from him. "Polli." He bends down in front of her, scooping her hands up. "Look I'm sorry I embarrassed you. I only did it-"

"Why?" She questions, looking straight into his eyes.

"Because I thought you'd appreciate the gesture."

She looks around the room, confused. "What gesture? It was the lion sleeps tonight, there is no gesture in that."

He shakes his head, "I picked the wrong song." Opal covers her mouth, laughing into her hands.

Opal pats his back as she walks past him. "We'll leave the two of you alone." She wraps her arm around my waist, leading us out the back door.

Dutch and Olive cuddle by the fire. Princeton and Leelan hackle about something sitting at the picnic table, laughing so hard neither of them can hardly breathe.

"Do you want to star gaze with me?" Opals green eyes flick between mine with a hopeful smile stretched across her lips.

"Of course I do."

She cups my hand in hers, leading the way. She climbs up a latter on the outside of the barn roof. "Follow me."

I follow closely behind her and head up to the roof. She sits at the peak, patting the spot next to her. We lay down side by side, wrapping my arm around her.

"If you could be a bird what kind would you be?"

I chuckle, "I haven't given it much thought. Maybe an Eagle. How about you?"

"Mmm, definitely a humming bird."

"Honestly that bird suites you."

"They're so cute and tiny!!" She chirps.

"Kinda like you."

She nudges my side gently. "I bet Knox and Eileen are excited to be getting married here in the next few months."

"Oh yeah, Knox is stoked." I chew on my lower lip. "Eileens had their wedding planned out for years." Gripping her hand I fidget with her ring finger. "Opal."