11. frosty breeze.

Ed Sheeran anyone?^

K O A

Opals green swollen eyes threaten to let a few tears rollout. I grab her tiny hand, giving it a sympathetic squeeze. She wipes away her tears with her pale finger. "Is he still alive?"

I turn around and lightly punt him in the side, but no movement occurs from my touch. "Um... I'm not sure." I grab his arms and drag him under a over hang, "He'll be fine."

"Should we call someone?"

"Who do you suggest we call?"

"The cops, maybe." She shrugs.

"I don't think that'd be a good idea."

She kneels down beside him, her white dress black from the dirt marks on the side of Marks car. She lifts her trembling hand and presses two fingers to his neck. "I..I can't tell."

I grab her wrist forcefully, bringing her up against my body. Rain droplets descend from the dark sky, drenching every inch of our bodies. I lift her chin to look at me. "Opal," I brush her vibrant red hair from her eyes, "take a deep breath."

She nods and does as I tell her, her breath hits my lips as she looks back up at me, her eyes flutter between mine. She crosses her arms as her teeth chatter, haze forms from her exhaling. "Ok-k-kay."

I pull my jacket off and place it around her shoulders, I rake my fingers through my soppy wet hair. I grab the little red gas tank off the pavement. "Is this yours?"

She shakes her head and reaches for it. "I'll carry it." I tell her, readjusting my grip. "Did your car break down?"

"Iris's did. It's not very far."

I watch her shiver as we walk side by side. I place my hand on her shoulder, startling her. "It's okay." I murmur. "Let me... warm you up." I wrap my arms around her back, underneath my coat, smushing our bodies together. She lays her head on my chest, snuggling into my body for warmth. Her body melts in my arms. Her cold fingers prickle my skin, causing goosebumps. "Put your hands under my shirt."

"What?" She asks without looking up at me.

I grab her hands and place them on my skin against my back. My heart races at her touch, her skin against mine.

"You're so warm." She coos.

-

I walk into the jack and jill bathroom that Princeton and I share. He flexes his abs in the mirror and sings into a bottle of hair gel with a towel around his waist. His head snaps in my direction once he hears the door squeak open. "Whoa, Koa, what happened? Why are you soaked in blood?"