28. darkness lurks.

K O A

K O A

Wilson combs his fingers through his dark hair, his back tenses, waiting for me to say something, anything. "We've been sitting here for over ten minutes and you haven't said a single word to-"

"I said good morning." I interrupt. His nose crinkles at my sudden burst.

"You haven't stopped smiling since you stepped foot into my office. Care to tell?" He strokes his beard in an effort to hide his grin, his brown eyes piercing my soul, waiting for my answer.

I shrug silently, leaning forward and placing my elbows on my knees. He opens his hardback notebook and begins scribbling something. "What-What are you writing?" I speak quickly, gulping.

"Koa, there's something on your mind, why don't you just talk to me about it? That's why I'm here."

I huff and try to hide my blushing face away from the view of his eyes. "Opal and I went on a date the other day."

He pulls his glasses off as his eyes light up and leans forward, like he had heard wrong before, like a miracle had happened. "How'd it go?"

"Pretty... awesome."

His mouth stretches into a large grin, but he tries to hide the fact that he's smiling by covering his mouth with his hand. "Thats really great Koa. I had a feeling there was something more than what meets the eye between the two of you."

He folds his glasses and drapes them on the collar of his shirt, quickly folding his notebook and placing it on the coffee table in between us, lifting himself out of his green velvet chair to make two cups of tea. "So who asked who?"

"I did."

He places a cup of tea down on a coster in front of me, "Careful it's hot." He swirls on his heels and leans against his desk, blowing on his cup of tea. "Where'd you take her?"

"Catch 35." He chokes on his tea, covering his mouth and almost dying. "You alright?"

He nods his head and clears his throat. "Holy- you took her there? I can't even afford that place."

"Wilson, if you want to go I can take-"

"Koa that's kind of you. But it's alright. So what'd you order? You are eating I hope."

"Well I'm trying to. I got the Filet Mignon."

"That's always my favorite steak to get. Did she have a good time?" He queries.