34. cadaver.

This song is fairly fitting for this chapter. ^

K O A

K O A

Closing the shower curtain shut, I stare at myself in the mirror, red eyes staring back at me. I punch the mirror as tears begin to form. The glass breaks and sticks to my knuckles, leaving blood smudges across the broken glass.

"Koa what was that?" Knox taps on the door.

I grab the mirror off the wall and slam it to the ground, falling to my knees and sobbing like a pathetic loser. The door swings open, banging against the wall. Knox's eyes scan the scene, "What's going on?" He kneels beside me, pulling the glass that's stuck in my hand out.

"Opal broke up with me."

"What!? Why?"

"I don't fucking know, Knox. She wouldn't tell me."

"Wow..." He pulls me up and wash my hand in the sink. "I'm sorry Koa. That's really shocking."

I shrug. "She hasn't been herself this week. I have no clue why, she won't talk to me. She looks at me like I disgust her. Like she loathes me or something."

"Did you fight for her?"

"I thought I did. Maybe I didn't fight hard enough."

He sighs, staring at his bandaged hand. "She really didn't say why?"

"Just that she doesn't love me."

"Ouch." He scratches his bare chest before hugging me. "I'm sorry Koa. We'll talk more about this tomorrow, alright? For now you need your rest." He pats my back, leaving the bathroom.

What did I do wrong? Did I hurt her? Offend her? Does she really not love me? Am I that horrible to love? I shake my wet hair like a dog, turning the bathroom lights off and slamming the door shut.  Did I fight hard enough for her? There's more to the story isn't there? Why does this hurt so much?

Grabbing a hoodie I pull it over my head before crawling into bed. "Koa." My head whips to the culprit. Princeton stands in the bathroom doorway. He makes his way over to me, standing at my bed side.  "I over heard you and Knox talking in the bathroom. Did Opal really break up with you?"

"Yeah, she did."

"She wouldn't tell you why?"

"Nope."

"Well," he rubs his arm, his hazel eyes scanning my room. "Polli and I have be partners for lab this week. Her and I haven't really talked much in the past. But something made her open up to me. She's been telling me how Opals been down in the dumps. Likes she's depressed maybe? Anyways, it doesn't sound good, Koa. Did you push her hard enough? Because I know Opal has a breaking point, if you just keep pushing she'll tell you. I think you should just keep pushing. Take her to a place where it's just you two, get her to open up, it's weird for her to be acting like she is. Did she really say she doesn't love you?"