46. the girl who grew sunflowers.

This song is so beautiful. 💛

K O A

K O A

Opals entire family and all of our friends scream and shout as the principal calls my name to the stage. My cheeks redden as Leelan pumps his fists in the air "GO KOA WOOHOO!"

The principal pats my back, exchanging a genuine smile, "Nicely done Mr.Whiley." Shaking hands he hands me my diploma before I head off the stage.

Opal rushes up to me with her diploma in hand, grabbing my hand with her empty one. "Finally we're done with high school!"

"I thought that'd never end." I sigh in relief. High school felt like a lifetime. Some of the worst years of my life. "Feels good to finally be done with it."

She wraps her arms around my stomach. "Yeah it does. Now it's time to be adults." She chuckles.

"This should be fun."

-

Leelan pulls his phone out, "Now smile."

Opal places a kiss on my cheek as Opals whole family takes photos of us. Polli, Marci, and Leelan gather around the two of us to take more photos.

"Come on Koa, pose with us."

I stand awkwardly as they do funny poses, not knowing how. "Koa, pose." Polli demands.

"I.. can't?"

"Sure ya can." Marci assures me.

"I don't think so."

Polli laughs, "Everbody can pose."

"I never really get pictures taken of me. I've never been told to pose." I explain.

"Okay. Let's do a simple one, like Charlie's Angels." Opal grabs and turns my body into the right position. "Just like that!" She claps.

Leelan pops his hip out and winks at the camera. I bust up laughing at how ridiculous he looks. He grins, his face turning slightly red. "What's so funny?"

"You look ridiculous."

He grins, "Thats the point. We're making memories here to look back on. Now one with just the guys." Dutch, Knox, and Princeton join in on the fun.

"Can I get one with Wilson?" I ask, looking to Wilson standing with his arms crossed.

A smile rises on his face. "Of course Koa." He stands beside me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.