2. maplesgrove.

O P A L

O P A L

I watch as the red light on my alarm clock blinks at me. I huff and click the alarm off while rolling out of bed. I grab a fluffy cardigan off the hook beside my door as I exit my room, pulling it on as I jog down the stairs. The smell of bacon fills the air. "It smells delicious!" I chirp, placing a soft kiss on my fathers cheek.

He chuckles, "It always does when I cook."

I grin and pat his back while shoving bacon into my mouth.

"Nope, that's just the bacon." Polli booms from the kitchen table, taking a bite of her cereal. "You don't need another ego boost."

"Polli, pops is only kidding." My older sister Marci tells her. She grabs her makeup mirror and turns the light on, blinding Polli in the process.

"Ouch." Polli mumbles.

"My bad." Marci murmurs, caking foundation on.

"Marci you don't need to put so much foundation on. You need to let those freckles breathe." My mom giggles to herself. She grabs the coffee pitcher and pours some steaming coffee into her mug.

"Yuck, I don't know how you drink that as it is." Marci blubbers out.

"That's because you like everything extremely sweet." Dad reply's.

Mom wraps her arms around my dad and kisses his lips. "Dutch, are you only making bacon?"

He shakes his head, "No Olive." He chuckles softly, "There's fresh omelettes on a plate at the table."

"And he baked cookies, there in the cookie jar." Polli gestures towards the calico cat cookie jar.

"Oooo." She drools, pulling a handful of cookies out of the jar.

"Careful Olive, they're still hot."

"And delicious!" She bubbles. "Has anyone talked to Leelan today?" Mom queries, taking another bite out of her cookie.

"Oh I did!" I squeal out.

Leelan Clemens; he's the eldest out of the Clemens siblings, and the only boy. He's probably one of the nicest guys you could ever meet.

"Is he still in London?" She asks, twisting her black hair and clipping it up.

"No, he's in Scotland now, but he said tomorrow he'll be in Tokyo."