27. stay.

O P A L

O P A L

Koas' hand rests on my stomach as we huddle together in silence. He pushes himself up, knocking me off his body. His hand grips my wrist. "Let's go."

"Where to?" I inquire.

"On a date."

"Neither of us could decide where to go so we decided to stay and cuddle." I explain.

His head bobs, brushing the hair out of his eyes. "I know. But I got an idea."

"Okay, I'll change. Is it casual?"

"Casualish, more on the fancy side."

"Oh.. let me see what I have to wear." I wander towards my closet, and rummage through all my clothes looking for something that's suitable for casualish. Nothing seems to catch my eye. I swirl around, my hair whipping me in the face as I spin. "How fancy are we talking?"

He sits on the edge of my bed, watching me. "On a scale from one to ten, probably a five."

"Okay so like, are we talking like The Briks?"

"Sorta like that."

"I'll be right back." I inform him, exiting my room and into Marci's. "Hey Marci." I murmur.

She glances up from her hot pink phone, "Huh?"

"Koas kinda sorta, taking me on a date. He said it's a little on the fancy side. I couldn't really find anything to wear." Rubbing my arm I glance at our pictures on her wall. "Do you have something I could borrow?"

A grin briskly emerges on her lips. "Koa is taking you on a date?"

"I know, I know. It seems hard to believe."

"Well not really." She rubs her pale chin, "Actually yeah. But not because of you, because he's Koa. That's great Opal! I'm so happy that he's actually taking you on a date!"

"Yeah," I bob my head, "Me too."

She hops to her feet and opens her closet, quickly examining her clothes. "You want to look sexy, feel sexy, but be comfortable. But if you feel too classy or cold you want to take a sweater or cardigan. Let's see." She ticks her tongue to her teeth, she stares at an emerald green dress for a moment before smiling. "Greens definitely one of your colors."

"