10. autumn haze.

Peeps this song is sooo good!^

K O A

Wilson combs his fingers through his already combed back hair. He grins, tapping his pencil against his hardback notebook. "Koa, I hope you know that if you need anything, or need a place to escape when things get overwhelming, then you can give me a call. I mean that."

I nod, "I appreciate that Wilson."

He pushes himself out of his chair, opening his office door for me, "I hope you have a good weekend Koa."

"Right back at ya."

He pats my back before crossing his arms and leaning against the door way. "See you on Monday."

I shove my hands into my hoodie pocket, pushing the school doors open. The crisp autumn breeze, there's nothing like that misty cold ass air constantly nipping at your neck. I quickly light a cigarette, inhaling deeply, letting the smoke blow out my nostrils.

"Bye Mrs.Morgenson!"

I gaze over my shoulder and see a perky, red headed Opal opening the school doors, it swings back and hits her in the face, causing her to drop all her books.  She rubs her forehead and closes her eyes before shaking it off and scooping her books back up. I think it's been two and a half weeks since she last talked to me.

Mark Geiger; the most annoying preppy douche bag of the school and Kenneth Jackson chuckle and slap each other, gesturing to look at Opals ass. I roll my eyes, it's pathetic that there's people like them in this barbaric world.

Kenneth whispers something into Marks ear, making them both buckle over laughing, clearly something derogatory about Opal. Mark chews on his bottom lip, taking one look at the guy you'd know he's a womanizer. Guys like him are human scum, unworthy of any girls attention.

He snatches her plastic yellow headband. She turns around and smiles politely, "Oh, hi Mark."

He smirks, "Hey Opal." He inches closer, causing her to take a few steps back, until her back hits the brick wall.

"I'm kinda in a hurry, could I please get my headband back?"

"Your gonna have to jump for it." He wiggles his eyebrows pervertedly.

She smiles kindly up at him, her face flushed. "Please Mark, I have things I have to do."

"Am I on that list?"

Kenneth clutches his stomach, his laughter roaring.

Her big green eyes widen, "Um..I-uh.. I need to go, you can just keep it." She sputters out, tripping over her words.