(Ch.11) Meeting The Burns Family (part 2)

~Mari POV~

Cody showed me around the firehouse as soon as we arrived, as Heatwave showed Bumblebee to where he can contact Optimus.

Though, Optimus wasn't pleased that we went off course of our vacation plan, he's glad that we're here to help the Rescue Bots here.

The family did keep their word on letting me have something to eat.

They decided to study the rock before destroying it completely.

"So Mari, who else are you with? Yknow, helping the autobots with the war?" Asked Cody, eating his lunch.

"Well, my little brother, and two others. Let's just say we weren't supposed to know them. Tis but an accident." I said, chewing the remaining food I had in my mouth.

"Accident? What accident?" Asked the Chief, he sounded worried.

Should I mention the Decepticons? Nah, I don't want them to worry more than what they have to.

"We just collided on our way home from school. They thought they were alone but saw us. They took us to meet Optimus Prime, and we all got along pretty well actually." I explained. I'm literally 90% telling the truth right here.

"I see."

It was silent, till a phone went off.

Chief Burns answers it. "Emergency Dispatch...Rockslide? We're on it." He hangs up. Turning over to us. "We have a Rockslide down near the mountain roads."

Everyone was getting up and leaving. Cody tugs on my arm. "We can watch the team do their work."

I follow him to the same place where Bee contacted Optimus. Bee was told to stay put, due to the certain circumstances of 'robot machinery'.

Basically he needs a partner to 'command' him, and I was most definitely not an option.

We watched on the big screen, as the team worked to place walls to keep the rocks and dirt from going onto the road any further.

Though, something is wrong... while the four bots were holding up the last part, Heatwave transforms back into vehicle form. He claims that he can't turn back.

Chase and Boulder reacted the same way, remaining in vehicle form. Blades was the only one standing...

"That's it, watch time on the tv is over." I said. "C'mon Bee, we got some rescuing to do." I look at Cody. "Ya coming kiddo?"

"Yeah!"

I got in the driver's seat as Cody got in the passenger's seat. "Tell me where to go and we will get there ASAP." I said, stepping in the pedal.

While Cody gave the directions, we raced through traffic and neighborhoods to get to the mountains. Cody calls his dad, telling him that they're on their way.

Not too long after, we see the team beyond the distance.

"Hold on tight." Bee said.

"Hold on tight, Cody!" I yelled.

Bee transforms into his Bipedal form, grabbing the pipes to place against the tile wall to hold it off.

The adrenaline was seeping through me, looking at my hands they're slightly shaking.

Bee transforms back into his vehicle form, letting me and Cody step out.

Cody runs up to the other vehicles. "Guys what happened?" He asked.

They explain that they didn't understand what happened. Unfortunately, for their partners, their bots can't drive them home. So they had to drive themselves.