(Ch.34) One Shall Rise (PT.3)

Third POV

Ratchet was trying to communicate to the bots. "Communication links are down as expected, but we've lost their signal." He tells the children

"Doesn't that mean..?" Raf started.

"Usually but a more likely explanation would be the sever interference caused by these electromagnetic anomalies." Ratchet explains to Raf.

"So if we can't track them and they can't contact us?-" Raf gets interrupted by Miko.

"How are we gonna know when they're ready for pickup?" Miko asks Ratchet.

The tinging sound echoes from the silence Ratchet gave, but he looks over to the direction of the sound to see Jack.

His optics widened. "Where did you get that?" Ratchet asked Jack.

"Optimus, honestly I don't know why he gave me the key to the ground bridge power supply. I know Mari or you should've had this." Jack was about to give the matrix to Ratchet.

"Jack, there is no key to the ground bridge." Ratchet tells Jack.

"Well then, what is this?" Jack looks closely to the matrix, questioning it.

"That is the key, to vector sigma." Ratchet answers for Jack.

"The what?"

"You are holding one of Cybertron's most important relics." Ratchet explains its purpose.

"I-I shouldn't have this." Jack was giving the matrix to Ratchet.

"Optimus entrusted it to you Jack." Ratchet explains to Jack.

"But that doesn't make any sense..why?" Jack questions.

"Because he doesn't plan on coming back.." Ratchet looked down.

Meanwhile, Mari was sitting on the ground, conversing with herself as she waited for Unicron to come back.

'Megatron, do as I command like Mari, destroy the Prime!' Unicron said.

His communication with Megatron can be heard in Mari's head.

'Megatron don't you dare touch Optimus or so help me! I'll be after your spark faster than you can say your own disgusting filled name.' She threatened in her head.

Hoping that Megatron heard it, she wasn't sure what happened now.

A couple minutes go by, suddenly 'Megatron, destroy the prime.' Unicron says in Mari's head again.

Mari suddenly goes unconscious, laying down on the floor.

Suddenly, she was in darkness, then she looked up to see Unicron, hundred times bigger than her.

'Unicron! Come down here and let's have a fair fight!' She yelled.

Unicron looked down, soon shrinking to her size. He attack her, but was stopped when a hand caught his wrist, she body slams him down.

'You forgot this is MY body, MY head, MY will, MY strength. I can fight you for as long as I can. To show that I'm not weak, not like you!' Mari yelled as she kicks Unicron.

Unicron spoke with a laugh. 'You forgot girl, I still have more control over yourself.'

Unicron moves Mari's body to stand up, then walked towards the locked door, kicking it down. 'Your strength is scary, which is why I chose you instead of your weak brother.'

Mari glares at Unicron, then continued to attack him, hopefully slowing him down from using her body.

Mari's body continues to walk down the corridor, looking for the humans.