(S2)(Ch.6) Stuck Underground (PT.1)

A/N omg Rescue Bots crossover part 3 🫣

Mari POV

It was the next day, when I was walking home from school I heard a Semi-Truck pull up beside me then stopping.

I turn over to face Optimus' holoform. "Yo." I greet.

"Marielle, Heatwave has contacted me of a possible find of energon. He has requested I take a look. Would you like to come along with me?" Optimus offers.

"Sure! I've been craving for some adventure. Besides, I've been meaning to give Cody this." I grab some metal balls from my backpack.

"What are those?" Optimus opens the passenger door for me.

I crawl myself up to the passenger seat. "They're like this metal things where they're magnetic and stuff. I feel like they make a nice fridge decoration."

Optimus looks at me concerned, making sure I buckled myself.

I sigh. "I found them at the store."

Optimus let out a small chuckle before continuing on the road.

With Ratchet's help, a groundbridge was sent to us which transported us into a secluded area of Griffin Rock. From there we drove over to the firehouse.

"Hey Optimus, I just realized something." I looked over and saw no holoform in the driver's seat. "Oh-"

"What is it?" He hummed.

"So the energon is.. going on that rig right?" I looked at his right view window.

"Correct, with this I can safely transport the energon through the groundbridge back to base." Optimus explains.

"Huh.. alright.. one more question."

"Go ahead."

"Why don't we bridge directly at the firehouse? I know it'll probably be weird to see a huge green portal in the middle of a street but, wouldn't it be easier?" I asked.

Optimus was quiet for a few seconds, till he finally spoke. "If Megatron or any Decepticon for that matter were to ever gain any of our coordination history and found griffin rock locked onto here, then the Rescue Bots, along with the Burns family and the citizens would cease to strive."

I know he was making it less morbid, but considering what we've been through.. I immediately knew as soon as he mentioned Megatron, it wasn't good.

As soon as we pulled up to the firehouse, I saw the whole team, but I felt like some were missing..

Regardless, I stepped out so Optimus can transform. "Hey guys!" I greet.

"Greetings Rescue Bots." Optimus walks up to the team as I followed behind.

"Nice rig." Heatwave compliments.

"The transport is for carrying energon to the surface." Optimus explains. "After the Rescue Bots and I will harvest it from the ground."

"We like to help you if we can." Chief offers.

"I do not wish to endanger your family chief." Optimus tells him.

"Great, another trip to the center of the earth we won't be making." Kade complains.

"Honestly.. it's better that way." I cross my arms.

"Heyyy wait a minute, how come Mari can go but not us?" Kade complains once more.

"Uh, I am just here to visit. Not to help, trust me I know the dangers when it comes with energon." I tell him.