(Ch.31) Two Shall Fall pt.2

Mari Art made by me

Third POV

"Quickly! Into my laboratory!" Ratchet ordered.

Arcee and Bee laid Raf and Mari onto two separate operating beds.

Meanwhile, in Mari's mind, she was facing her nightmare head on. She kept running, she didn't stop. Even if she was losing her breath she just kept running.

"Last thing I remember we were on the highway.. someone was shooting at us then.. I woke up here." Mari thought to herself.

"Optimus he.. he lied.. didn't he.." Mari slowed down into a stop.

The same cybertronian from her dreams came up at her in an attempt to hit her, but she quickly dodged it then continued to run.

"How could he have lied. Just yesterday he said he wouldn't let that happened. Not to me, not to Raf, and certainly not Bumblebees.. or am I just being as stupid as.." Mari thought into a blank.

Back in the real world, Jack was cleaning the blood on Mari's forehead when she hit the steering wheel.

"Rafael and Marielle is not responding. We must run diagnostics on their assemblage- er vital statistics." Ratchet looks at his tools. "Uhh my tools! They're all wrong!" Ratchet throws them in frustration.

Bee was in pure despair. His closest friend and his significant other were laying on the operating table unconscious. He felt helpless and guilty.

"I need to call my mom." Jack takes out his phone and starts to look for his mother's contact.

"Your mother may be a nurse, but does she know the effects of energon in the human body?" Ratchet asked Jack, still in frustration.

"Wha- Do you know anything about the human body?!" Jack asked Ratchet.

Ratchet was stunned.

Jack's mom answers the phone. "Mom! It's urgent." Jack walks away for privacy.

Ratchet sulked a little then looked at Raf and Mari. "The weak, will perish.. be strong Rafael.. Marielle."

Their pulse was being recorded on a screen separately, both unresponsive to anything as their energy was practically depleting.

Mari's Mind

"No! Stop it please!" Mari yelled.

She didn't want this, she never wanted this to happen.

She tried her best to save Raf but she failed.

Her mother was disgusted, Pilar was scared, and her other siblings.. they looked at her with despise.

"I.. I'm so sorry.. I never wanted this to happen! Nobody did!" Mari cried.

Back in the real world.

June rolled through the portal into the base.

She dashed up to Raf and Mari's body. She checks their heart as Ratchet explains their condition.

"Measuring the extent of the absorption should determine the proper course of treatment." Ratchet explains.

June checks both Raf and Mari's pulse. Their skin was more greyish pale as they had dark eye bags under their eyes. "If these two are not stabilized they will not leave their tables alive. Do you understand me!" She told Ratchet. Both mix with motherly but pure frustration with the situation.

Ratchet backs up a little.

Jack runs up with a June's bag filled with medical supplies.

"I'm gonna kill him!" Bee, out of frustration, hits the wall making a dent.