(Ch.9) Science Project

~Mari POV~

I'm not one when it comes to chemistry like that. The basic volcano is pretty cliché when it comes to science projects.

I needed some ideas that can fit with my hobby.

Engineering.

A pulley? Nah... a bit basic and unoriginal.

Trap? No...

Basic car engine?...No no no...

This is hard man. I look out the window to see the garden mom has planted recently. From what I was told, she still has some left over flower seeds.

Hmm... plant science..? Not much of my hobby but it's better than nothing. Or maybe... create a contraption that can let you water the planets from inside your home!

It may take time to get it built and take to school, but I can maybe create it to have in big parts to make it easy to reassemble.

Yeah! That's what I'll do. I can even ask help from the others too. Firstly, I should get my planner done before anything else.

I sat down at my desk, getting a pencil and paper, sketching and writing out on what the contraption will have/need.

~1 week later~

I got the basic parts assembled, now it's time to actually get it going. Luckily, today we're heading to the base, so I can work while talking with Bee.

I looked over at the plant I left by the window of the classroom, taking some notes.

It's my free period as I'm a Junior (a/n 11th grade in USA) in school. I'm glad I have a free period, cause I was able to get the basics of the project in place. I just might be able to finish it today or tomorrow before the presentation.

I check the time, school is almost over. I decided to call it a day and get my stuff prepared to go.

I had this old gym bag I had a couple years ago. This is pretty good if you think about it. I placed all my stuff for the project in the bag, but placing the notes and planes in my backpack. I pick up my bags, then grabbed the plant.

Heading out the classroom, and into the hallway, the bell rings for school to end.

Raf catches up to me. His project is the Volcano. I asked him why of all things he could've tried. Guess he had a ton of ideas, but decided to go the easy route. I don't blame him.

Jack and Miko follow behind us, heading out the door, we see our guardians waiting on the parking lot for us.

I open the driver door. "Hey Bee, Can you pop the trunk real quick? We're gonna put our projects there."

"Don't make a mess back there like last time young lady." Bee said.

"I cleaned you didn't I? Though you were squirming a bit, I still cleaned up." I said.

Raf and I put our projects in Bee's trunk. I close the trunk shut. "How about this, I'll wax you?"

Bee revved up his engine. "For real? You're willing to?"

I rolled my eyes. "Car wash first. Fighting the Cons sure does get you dirty."

"C-Car wash?" Bee Asked.

"Yes. You're dirty." I said, sitting in the seat. Raf and I put our seatbelts on. "So I'll clean you when I'm done with my project."

"I'm almost done too, just need to adjust the texture for the volcano to stick with the mechanism." Raf explains.