chapter 79 (colby's pov)

i could see the worry in her eyes. the look of pure fear and anxiety overcoming her as her pupils dilate out then back in. what is brennen doing to her? he's making her anxiety skyrocket and, therefore, reflecting onto her nervousness. i can see it. her nervousness is visibly noticeable.
colby: "baby, don't worry. seriously, it's all going to be fine." i said calmly, trying to calm her nerves. she shakes her head and stands to her feet and off of my lap, pulling on a pair of fresh panties that hug her waist perfectly. mmm.
emma: "it's not fine, but we can pretend it is. we can pretend like brennen isn't capable of killing. we can pretend that he doesn't know where we both live and that he'll find you one way or another..." she mutters, washing her face as we both make our way into the bathroom.
colby: "well, to be fair, he knows who he's up against. i, personally, don't think he'll actually come after me. that was just one of his many clever mechanisms to lure you back into him. it's how he works. and i don't know if i've told you this before, but he's known to do things to females that any normal person wouldn't agree with. like sell them for money, prostitution rings, sexual slavery... his mafia is not what you think it is and he clouded your head with pure bullshit when you went over there; and i won't let that happen again if i have the chance to avoid it,"  i say calmly, leaning my left shoulder on the door frame of her bathroom, "i won't let anything happen to you or me. i need you to trust me." i continue, watching her eyes trail up to mine when she turns around to face me. she looks up at me and her face softens, nodding so cautiously i almost didn't notice it happened, before she wrapped her arms around my torso and took a deep breath. my love...
emma: "i love you." she says, making me smile so hard i thought my cheeks were going to bust.
colby: "not as much as i love you." i hug her tightly, resting my cheek on the top of her head. concern suddenly washing over me, i squeeze her tighter against me. i won't let anything happen to you, baby... i promise. it was a few moments later we finally detach away from each other, the two of us wandering into the main room of emma's apartment after she finally put on some damn pants.
katrina: "hey guys." she smiles up at emma and i; sam, kevin, and elton all sitting in the same vicinity as her.
emma: "hey," she sighs, stepping in front of katrina, "i don't want to get all sappy, but i'm sorry for screaming at you earlier. i had no reason to take my anger out on you and that's exactly what i did. i am so so sorry." she says sincerely, her voice soft and serene. she sounds so sad... katrina's smile fades when she stands to her feet to face emma, frowning when she brings emma into her embrace.
katrina: "i'm sorry, too. i didn't have any reason to come back at you the way i did." she hugs her tight, wrapping her arms around emma's neck comfortingly.
emma: "so, we're good?" she leans back to face katrina, hope in her voice. katrina smiles and then does emma, meaning that yes was the answer to her question. emma's smile will forever have me re-falling in love with her. the way her eyes sparkle when she looks at me or anyone that she cares about, the way her cheeks turn pink when she laughs, the way her hair falls onto her face and onto her tan, perfectly soft-sculpted shoulders... everything about this woman has me wanting more. when her and i first met, i had no idea that i would fall this hard in love with her. there's a saying, "i've loved you from the moment i met you," and i would've never thought that it would apply to me... but it very much does apply to me now because it's true. emma had my heart the day she talked back to me when no one ever did. the day i saw her sitting on my couch in my living room wearing the provocative clothing that she no longer wears all the time and in the same night when her eyes lit up under the moon when some asshole decided it was a good idea to put their hands on my lady on my property of my home... i knew. i knew that we weren't just friends. i knew that we were never going to be people that only just knew each other. and when i finally got my hands on her and got to feel her and watch her squirm beneath me... i knew that she was mine right then and there. she just molded perfectly in my hands; her waist, her behind, her face, her hands, her hips... she fits in my hand just right and i knew that the moment she lied beneath me, she was my safe place and i was hers.
elton: "colby, hello...? is anyone home?" he says, dragging me out of my reverie. i shake my head back to reality and look over at him, emma sitting down next to me on the couch after she gets done doing dishes. she slides her hand across my back as she sits down, cuddling up next to me when i lean back into her couch.
colby: "yeah, man. just thinking." i smiled reassuringly, feeling emma lay her head down in the pivot of my neck. i wrap my arms around her and hold her close to me, her vanilla-scented aura lingering around me.
katrina: "so, what are we doing for the rest of the night tonight? it's beautiful outside and i feel like we should take advantage of the fact." she says matter-of-factly, looking around at the group impatiently.
colby: "okay, first of all, it's still only the afternoon. we have all day before we can decide to go somewhere. and two," i pause, feeling emma's chest rise and drop against mine with every breath, "brennen thought it was a great idea ask emma to come over. he said that if she doesn't, he'll kill me today. in less than two hours."
  —————————————————————————-
AU: i know i kind of went MIA and i am so sincerely sorry... i've had way too much on my plate lately. anyways, so i'm working on the next chapter now and that is when things start getting JUICY. so, stay tuned, babes! love you!