chapter 22

i woke up the next morning feeling refreshed and in a good mood. the sun was shining bright with pride on my face through my large bedroom window. i rubbed my eyes and slowly sat up. i noticed colby's arms were wrapped around my waist loosely, so i tried not to wake him when i moved. i looked over at him and his cheek was rested on my pillow, facing me. his soft, pink lips parted. his hair covering his sun-kissed, chubby face. his flawless skin in the morning sun... he's an actual angel sent from heaven and i'm convinced. i attempted to be careful when i got up, but his grip tightened around my bare waist as i made my attempt. i smiled and fluffed his hair while he moved closer to me. once he moved in front of me, he nuzzled his face into my breasts, his eyes closed. that was when i realized i was still ass naked, and then remembering what had happened last night. my face turned red from how intimate this was. how am i not embarrassing myself right now? he lays between my very open legs, which are not dressed or covered at all, and his elbow sits at the apex of of my thighs.
colby: "i could wake up to this everyday." he kissed the skin on my breast and tightened his grip around my body. i've only known him for a few days, almost a week, and here we are laying in my bed with both of us completely naked. i mean, he's laying in between my legs, for god's sake. this is crazy.
colby: "good morning, beautiful." he finally looked up at me through his long lashes. this man would kill me if he talked in that raspy, school-boy voice all the time. 
emma: "good morning." i replied softly, blushing, as my fingers lingered and travelled down his back muscles.
colby: "do you have plans today or tonight?"
emma: "i don't think so."
colby: "let me take you somewhere tonight at sunset. just me and you with a bottle of whiskey." aw.
emma: "i'd love that." i beamed.
he smiled, "great." aw, he sounds so excited.
he moved off of me and i took the time to cover myself up with the blankets that were on my bed. he smiled and sat up right next to me before running his fingers through his blue-streaked hair. we were talking and having a really nice conversation for who knows how long, getting lost in the conversation at how interesting he is and how great he is. i learned more about him than i have in the past few days. we actually have a lot in common. he doesn't seem like he's a gang leader. once you get to know him, he sounds completely normal. our good talk that had been going on for another five minutes, was interrupted by my bedroom door opening. elton?
colby and i just sat there. there was no hiding that he slept at my place last night. luckily, we were both under the covers.
emma: "can you knock?" i snapped, bringing the blanket higher up over my breasts.
please leave, elton...
elton: "no, i can't," he laughed, "i was wondering if you've seen colby... but i found him." he laughed some more.
colby: "why is everything so fucking funny? also, neither one of us are dressed, so can you go?" he said rudely.
elton: "you two trying to hide your relationship is funny as hell." he ignored the fact that colby said we weren't dressed. asshole.
colby: "we're not in a relationship, dude."
ouch. i felt a pang if disappointment right through my chest, making a 'zing' sound as it travelled.
elton: "whatever, but just want you know that you guys are cute together." he smiled.
i just sat there, covering myself up with my blankets. there was nothing i could say or do to convince him that we were not a thing. and according to colby, we weren't. even though he's done a very good job at convincing me that we were something. i want us to be a thing, but i guess that's not what he wants. or maybe it is and he was just trying to get elton to leave the room...? you overthink way too much, emma, my subconscious retorted. ass hat.
emma: "elton, leave." i rolled my eyes.
he laughed and walked out. i frowned at colby and he frowned in response as him and i both stood up, still naked, out of bed.
colby: "emma, what's wrong?" he asked sadly. oh god.
emma: "nothing, why?" i whispered, not looking at him. i was in search of my clothes, but now that i put that scenario in my head, i'm sad. that's what happens when you get hurt in the past.
colby: "baby, talk to me."
baby?
emma: "there's nothing to talk about." i shrugged and put on a pair of sweatpants and a sports bra.
colby: "what did i do?" his eyes were glazed with confusion and anxiety when i looked back over at him. what did he do?
i shook my head and combed through my hair with my fingers while he whispered my name a few times to see if i'd respond. that scenario kept running through my head. did he mean anything he said? was it just a show to get what he wanted?
colby: "are we okay?" he asked, anxiety etched in his voice. that was when i knew that i'm just a depressed, over-thinking machine and that he that he told elton that "we weren't in a relationship" just to get him to leave the room. cool it, emma, fuck. i looked at him and he crawled back into my bed, regarding me intently.
emma: "yes. we're okay." i forced a smile and crawled in next to him. he visibly relaxed and he look at me and gave me a boyish smile. fuck him for being so perfect.
colby: "why are you upset?" he asked sadly, pulling me close to him.
emma: "i'm not upset." i nuzzled against him.
colby: "was it what happened with elton?" he paused, "when i told him that we weren't in a relationship...?" how did he know? i stayed quiet, earning a comforting squeeze and am affectionate kiss on the top of my hair.
colby: "it was only to get him out of your room, baby girl. i didn't mean it, i'm sorry." he said softly.
i'm going to admit it. i love him. i fucking love this man. i fell for a gang leader. well, shit , that's a story to tell. i haven't even known him that long for christ's sake. i love him after knowing him for a week... well, almost a week. oh god, what i've gotten myself into.
emma: "no, i'm sorry for being sensitive. i should've known." i leaned my head back to face him, his arms still around me.
colby: "don't be sorry. it's who you are,"
he paused, pushing a strand of hair behind my ear, "part of the reason i fell for you." he whispered. i blushed and his lips met mine. a soft, affectionate kiss is what i needed right now. and i thank colby for fulfilling that.
emma: "let's go out in the living room." i said when he released his lips from mine, the biggest smile on his face.
emma: "don't smile like that. you're making this harder for me to be able to even handle you." i laughed. that smile...
colby: "i can make it harder..." he smirked and walked into the bathroom that was connected to my bedroom, releasing me and leaving me stunned. huh? he walked back into the bedroom after not even a minute with a toothbrush in his mouth. is that mine?
emma: "where'd you get the toothbrush?" i asked, genuinely confused.
colby: "it's yours." he said all too confidently.
emma: "you did that on purpose." i scowled, amused, while my eyes narrowed in muse.
colby: "maybe i did... maybe i didn't." he smirked before giggling like a school-boy, walking back into the bathroom. oh, that asshole. game on, brock... game on.
i got up out of bed and walked over to my dresser to put my deodorant on. colby strut his way into my room shortly after and walked up to me. he swat my behind playfully, leaving a slight sting.
emma: "you're an asshole." i tried to hide my amusement.
colby: "am i making it difficult for you?" he smirked.
emma: "more than." i narrowed my eyes at him.
he grabbed my waist and pulled me close to him. he looked down at me and smiled a very genuine smile.
emma: "colby, let's go." i groaned, standing by my bedroom door waiting to open it.
colby: "just one kiss." he puffed his lower lip out and pouted. it was the cutest shit i've ever seen, fuck. i smiled and kissed his lips gently. he kissed back and we both pulled away. a smile ran across both of our faces.
colby: "you know, you're not making it easy for me either, rede," he paused, "you keep looking at me with those big, blue, beautiful eyes of yours in that way." he said in aw. yeah, this boy definitely has my heart.
emma: "than don't look at me." i teased.
colby: "now, why would i do that?" he smirked.
i thought for a moment while he just stared at me, waiting for a response.
emma: "yeah, i got nothing for that one." i giggled.
he laughed and brought me into a hug, one of his hands rested flat-palmed against my behind, and the other wrapped around my waist.
colby: "before we go anywhere... put a shirt on." he leaned his head back to look at me.
emma: "colby, let's go." i rolled my eyes in amusement.
colby: "i'm serious, emma. cover up. that's mine to look at, no one else's. put a shirt on or i'll put one on for you." he said softly, pointing at my breasts that were covered by only a sports bra. his. i smiled at his protectiveness and slipped on a random cropped shirt that was in my dresser drawer.
colby: "that's better." he smiled before we walked out of my room.