chapter 30 (colby's pov)

i went upstairs with emma in my arms after acknowledging that sam left to go get emma some medicine. i got in my room and locked the door behind me, trying to let to let emma slip and fall
out from my arms and onto the floor. i laid her half naked body in my bed and i took off my pants and put basketball shorts on.
colby: "do you want a shirt?"
emma: "the shirt's just going to irritate it." she winced. i nodded and crawled in bed next to her. she laid flat on her back and i ran my fingertips up and down her arms while my own was around the back of her neck.
emma: "why did corey try to come after you?" her voice was soft and sweet, almost as if she was nervous to ask.
colby: "i don't know, baby... i don't know..." i sighed.
i haven't done anything bad to corey. why would he turn on us? unless he's in the opposing gang and i had no idea. that has to be the only reason, right? whatever his reasoning was, i'm going to find out... whether he likes it or not. emma sighed softly and i turned to her, laying on my side.
colby: "why did you jump in front of me?" i loosely lay my hand over to waist.
emma: "because i didn't want you to get hurt. i'd rather something happen to me then you."
i want to marry her, dammit.
colby: "i don't deserve you." i half smiled.
she smiled.
colby: "would you like to to take a nap with me?"
emma: "very much so." she smiled. i chuckled and wrapped my arm around her shoulders, playing with the long strands of her hair. emma was soon asleep, but it took me a little bit. was corey after me or... emma? because if he was the one that drove the van, than he must've had dirt on emma... and since i killed mike, he wants revenge against me. it doesn't make sense. why would corey want revenge if mike was the one that brought this upon himself? unless it was all part of a deeper plan... and mike's actions were planned... but again, why? what made them want to plot against me... and emma?
when i woke up, emma was still passed out asleep. i checked my phone and the time said 1:00 am. i carefully got up out of bed and walked out of my room and downstairs. why are kevin and elton in the kitchen?
colby : "where's sam?" i interrupted their playful banter. they both looked back at me, shock on their faces. what?
elton: "he's out getting medicine for emma and he's grabbing katrina on his way back."
colby: "does she know?" i asked, realizing that katrina hadn't know anything about this situation.
kevin: "not yet..."
colby: "we'll leave that up to emma."
elton: "i agree."
colby: "hey, where's jake?" i asked, confused.
they both shrugged, "no idea. he left a few hours ago." elton said, turning up a bottle of beer. that's odd...
the bunker door then opened and sam and katrina waltzed through with a few cvs bags in their hands.
kat: "hey guys."
we said hey and sam took some medicine out of the bags that he had brought in.
sam: "when she wakes up, give her two of these pills." he whispered, handing the bottle to me discreetly.
colby : "will do, thank you," i whispered back at him, "i'm going go back up to my room. i'll see you guys later." i announced groggily. i went in my room and closed the door, looking over at emma. she was fidgeting in her sleep.
emma: "stop... please no..." she mumbled in her sleep, no expression on her face whatsoever.
i walked over to her and held her close to me, careful that i didn't touch her wound. she must've felt me, because she fluttered her eyes open and looked at me. she smiled and kissed my lips ever so gently, almost as if she was happy to wake up to me. she got up out of bed carefully, with the help of me balancing her, and walked over to my closet. she grabbed one of my hoodies and slipped it on over her head. i smiled at her, earning a blush from her direction. she was so cute. she walked back over to me and laid down on her back.
colby: "you feel any better, princess?" she smiled shyly.
emma: "kind of. as long as there's no pressure on it, it feels fine. but it's still throbbing like you wouldn't believe."
colby: "i'm sorry, my love," i kissed the top of her head, "sam went out and got you some medicine, so, you can take some when you're ready."
she nodded and then the bedroom door opened. it was katrina. before i could stop her, she was literally charging towards emma. i tried my best to block of katrina, but she had already jumped on her. the fear in emma's face when she saw her, scared me. katrina dug her elbow right into her wound without realizing it.
emma: "FUCKING BITCH!" she screamed in pain as her eyes squinted. her back arched and katrina just sat there on top of her.
colby: "katrina, get off." i sterned, pushing her forcefully. she stumbled from my force and she stood up, confused and scared all together. i sat up quickly and looked at emma as her tears were forced out of her eyes. her eyes squinted as tears streamed her rosy cheeks.
colby: "try to relax." i panicked.
emma: "fuck! it hurts!" she cried.
i ran my fingers through her hair and it somewhat helped calm her down.
kat: "is she okay? what the fuck happened?"
then sam came rushing in.
sam: "IS SHE BLEEDING!?" his eyes wide with horror. oh shit. my eyes went wider than ever.
colby: "I HAVEN'T CHECKED!"
sam: "KATRINA, GO DOWNSTAIRS PLEASE!"
kat: "WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING?!"
colby: "JUST GO!"
she scoffed and sauntered out of the room. sam rushed over to emma and got on the bed next to her, hovering over her wound.
sam: "try to calm down, em." he breathed.
emma: "I CAN'T, SAM! THIS SHIT HURTS!" she cried. i lifted up the hoodie she was wearing and saw her entire stomach covered in blood. oh fuck.
colby: "FUCK! FUCK! ELTON!" i screamed.
sam: "GET UP HERE NOW!" he screamed even louder, his voice being a little more high-pitch than mine. elton and kevin came rushing into the room and their eyes went wide, seeing emma.
elton: "we need to go to the hospital! i can't fix this!" he spoke in a panicky, breathy tone.
kevin: "LET'S GO THEN! SHE'S LOSING TOO MUCH BLOOD!"
i picked emma up quickly and ran out of my room. i grabbed a hoodie on my way out and everyone, including katrina, ran out the door and to the car. emma was sobbing as hard as she possibly could and i couldn't do anything. i teared up just seeing her and hearing her cries for mercy. we all piled into the car and i held emma in my arms, close to me.
emma: "baby, it hurts!" she sobbed. she put her head in my neck and just sobbed. i looked at my arms and saw her blood drying all over them. i started to panic at a higher suspense. i cradled her close to me to try and soothe her.
sam: "ELTON, DRIVE! NOW!" and with that, elton sped off to the hospital and we were there in less than five minutes. when we got there, we all rushed inside.
colby: "my girlfriend's bleeding out! paramedics, now!" i shouted at the front desk lady, not caring about the people in the lobby staring. she jumped at my tone and the paramedics rushed towards us. they put emma on a bed and they immediately took her into surgery. we were forced to wait in the lobby with our hearts racing.
kat: "okay, what the hell?!" she whisper-yelled.
i looked over at sam and he glanced at my arms.
sam: "that's hers?" he pointed to my arms with wide eyes, seeing emma's blood drying into my skin.
colby: "yeah, she lost a lot." i cried.
sam: "what even happened?"
colby: "katrina dug her elbow into that spot without realizing it. she was jumping on top of emma to scare her."
sam: "that's a lot of blood!"
colby: "yes, i know, sam! and i'm as scared as i'll ever be!" i whispered-yelled, tears falling down my face.
kevin: "here, colby. cover yourself." he handed me the hoodie that i brought with me. i took it from him and put it on, wiping my tears as i did so. i sat back down and was shaking my leg uncontrollably. i got up and paced the room a few times, as well. i was terrified. what's going to happen to her? i can't lose her! my thoughts were interrupted by katrina calling my name. i rolled my eyes and turned to her.
colby: "what, katrina!" i said angrily.
kat: "explain, now." her voice full of authority.
colby: "ask someone else." i said rudely. i wasn't in the mood to talk. she rolled her eyes and elton walked up to me.
elton: "try to relax. she'll be okay, i promise."
colby: "what if she's not!" i sobbed.
he brought me into a hug and he patted my back.
sam: "katrina, emma got shot." he told her, nervous.
her face lit up with fear and she looked over at me with an angry expression on her face.
kat: "you did this!" she pointed at me.
colby: "you're the one who dug your fucking elbow into her!" she started to cry and i put my head in my hands and sat down.
elton: "both of you, calm the fuck down. it's no one's fault, katrina didn't know. there are people staring and you guys both need to stop your fucking yelling."
nurse: "who's here for emma rede?" the nurse spoke, catching me off guard. i stood up quickly and walked over to her.