chapter 17

colby's arms were wrapped tightly around me and my head was in his chest when we both woke up to his bedroom door opening. fuck off, jake. i was confused as to how i ended up in that position, but i shrugged it off.
jake: "yo, colby, whe-" he stopped, "oouuuu." he smiled when he my head on colby's chest.
colby: "ahh, fuck." he mumbled.
i turned away from him and buried my face in the blankets as i moved back on my side, facing the wall.
colby: "what do you want, bro?"
jake: "i was going to ask when you guys were going to fight."
shit. i forgot about that.
colby: "give us a few minutes." he said half asleep.
jake: "us?" he giggled.
emma: "get the fuck out, jake." i spat at him.
he laughed and walked out, closing the door behind him.
colby: "why are you over there?" he looked over at me as i faced the wall. he crawled over to me and wrapped his arms around me. i smiled to myself, knowing that i'm falling for him when i shouldn't.
emma: "jake walked in, so i moved. you know how they've been acting with us."
colby: "yeah, true. and now that jake is going to keep bringing this up, might as well make the most of it." he rested his chin on my shoulder. i leaned back and relaxed against him as his hands rested under my breasts.
emma: "ehh, it's whatever."
colby: "you don't care?"
emma: "nah, it's entertaining, actually. seeing you blush and get defensive every time they make a joke about you and i... it's cute." i smiled a little and let out a soft giggle, turning my head enough so i could see his beautiful face. i saw him blush, trying to hold back a smile.
emma: "you're doing it again." i mused.
why is he actually the cutest, softest person on earth when he's nice, but so fucking hot when he's rude?
colby: "doing what?" he chuckled as he hid his face in the blankets, completely moving away from me in embarrassment.
emma: "show me those eyes, pretty boy." i giggled as i ripped the blanket away from his face. he smiled as he met my gaze. both of our smiles faded and soon enough, we were just lost in each other's eyes. his eyes were so blue and they had that sparkle in them whenever he was happy. he spit his tongue out as he wet his bottom lip and clamped his top lip on top of it. damnit, he's sexy. i snapped back into reality quickly after i realized what was happening.
emma: "stop staring at me, weirdo." i giggled.
colby: "i love that sound." huh? he smiled like a small boy.
emma: "what sound?" i asked confused.
colby: "you're giggle. i love it." he grinned from ear to ear. i blushed like there was no tomorrow and he laughed at me as he got up out of the bed. he changed into some sweatpants and still didn't put on a shirt. he loves it? gah!
colby: "you want some of my clothes to wear?"
yes...
emma: "no, i'm okay." i blushed. why am i blushing?
he looked at me with a sneaky smile, "why are you blushing, than?" fuck.
emma: "i'm not..." i giggled, wiping my face.
colby: "let's try this again," he paused, smiling, "would you like some of my clothes to wear?"
emma: "no, but thank you." i laughed.
colby: "yes you do." he laughed.
i playfully rolled my eyes and he tossed me sweatpants and a t-shirt from his dresser. i smiled and he looked at me expectantly.
colby: "i'll turn around while you change." he turned his back towards me. he didn't have to turn around... i tore my sweater off and threw it on the bed before slipping into colby's band t-shirt. it smells of him! i got out of my shorts and colby's sweats followed after them, sliding up my naked legs just before hugging my waist. colby turned around just as i started folding my sweater and shorts.
colby: "you don't need to fold those, emma. just leave them there." he laughed. but it's rude to leave your shit just lying around someone else's house.
i giggled and we both walked downstairs into the living room. everyone was looking at their phones, not paying attention to anything. do these dumbasses ever do anything other than sit in this damn living room? every time i see them, they're literally sitting in the exact same spot that they were the previous day.
colby: "gym in five minutes. all of you."
there was a murmur of 'okays', and colby tapped my shoulder. i turned around and he motioned me to follow him. i walked behind him and he led me back into the gym.
colby: "punching bags over there. warm up before i beat your ass." he smirked.
who does he think he is? i refuse to let this asshole win. nope, no ma'am. not i, not today.
emma: "i don't need a warmup, brock. i know i'm going to win." i gave a small smile.
he stepped closer to me and grabbed my waist. he pulled me flush against him and looked down at me.
colby: "we'll see." his raspy voice rang peacefully in my ears. fuck, does he realize what he's doing to me?
i smirked and walked away from him. i grabbed my phone and scrolled through it while colby was working the punching bag. after a few minutes, everybody walked into the gym laughing and talking. colby walked over to them, while i was still sitting on the floor on my phone.
jake: "i can't wait to see this." he laughed.
kevin: "colby, if you get your ass beat, i'm quitting." he joked.
colby: "jokes on you, dumbass, you can't quit. it's a gang." he laughed.
everybody laughed and then i heard sam call my name. i looked up and he was walking over to me.
emma: "hey, sammy." i smiled.
sam: "hey, em." he smiled back.
he sat down next to me.
sam: "so... katrina misses you a lot. she won't stop crying."
it's only been two days, how is she missing me that much?
emma: "ughh." i groaned.
sam: "talk to her."
emma: "why would i do that?"
sam: "because she's your best friend and you need each other."
he's right. i do need her... and apparently she needs me too.
emma: "i'll talk to her tomorrow."
sam: "she's coming over tomorrow, so that works."
i nodded and then heard someone else calling my name. i look up and everyone was looking at sam and i.
mike: "you okay, em?" he asked a little too worriedly.
emma: "yeah, i'm good."
elton: "you sure?"
emma: "yes, i'm fine. now, who's ready to see colby get his ass beat?"
everyone laughed a little and a smile ran across my face. i looked over at colby and saw him grinning at me. sam got up and held his hand out to me, so, i grabbed it and he pulled me up while colby walked over to the mats before i followed him. the rest of the group crowded around us, leaving room for him and i to move around. colby and i looked at each other and then we heard elton say "go." colby ran up to me and threw the first punch. i ducked it and punched him in the stomach. he grinned and came at me again, and i couldn't catch his swing. he socked me right in the shoulder. we punched for about a minute or so. i dodged his punches and he took my punches— some in the stomach, a few in the shoulders. he finally backed away and i walked towards him as i went to kick his legs. he grabbed my leg and tried to push me to the floor, but little did he know... i used to be a gymnast. i flipped backwards and landed on both of my feet. everyone's mouths dropped instantly and the room was filled with "AH!"
emma: "level ten gymnast." i breathed out. he smirked and kicked my legs out from under me. i fell to the ground and he got on top of me, sitting astride me. he held my hands above my head and sat on my lower stomach, hovering an inch away from my face.
colby: "black belt." he whispered with a small smile playing on his lips.
i smirked and flipped him over. i straddled him and held his hands at his sides. my face was only a couple inches away from his.
emma: "doesn't matter. i always win." i whispered and smirked.
elton: "AND... TIME!" he shouted.
i got off of him, and held my hand out to him. he grabbed it and i pulled him up with al the strength that i had. everyone looked at him and i as we both fixed our clothes.
jake: "that was so badass." he said in shock.
kevin: "holy shit, she's a fucking ninja." his eyes were wide.
mike: "i have no words." his mouth popped open.
colby: "told you she was good." he said all too proudly.
elton: "that was amazing, holy fuck." he said shocked.
sam: "even better than i remember." he smiled.
well damn, i didn't think i was that good... but i'll take it. i smiled at everyone, lost for words.
colby: "everyone in favor of having emma rede teach us techniques, say i." he raised one of his hands up.
everyone screamed "i" in excitement and raised their hands up quickly.
emma: "didn't think it was that serious, but i'll take it." i laughed a little.
kevin: "hell yeah, it is. i want you to teach me that ninja shit." he said with his eyes wide, laughing.
everyone laughed at his enthusiasm.
sam: "congrats, sis." he smiled and came up and hugged me. i hugged him back and said thanks, of course. everyone came up to me and congratulated me and then walked out of the gym, leaving just colby and i...