chapter 4

emma: "let... me... go..." i gasped for air as the guy's grip around my throat got tighter. he had me pinned up against a tree while i struggled to get away from him. his arm moved to my stomach and he pinned me there so i would stop fidgeting. i felt the bruises forming already. the mysterious guy then went flying out of my sight as i fell to the ground and gasped for actual air. fuck, my throat hurts. i glanced up from where i was laying uncomfortably on the ground and saw colby standing there while he fixed his clothes.
colby: "are you okay?" he sounded genuinely concerned.
emma: "the bruises'll go away soon, but yeah, i'm good. who was that guy and why was i the one attacked?" i grabbed the hand that colby offered me and got up to steady myself. his hands...
colby: "i honestly have zero clue. it's dark and he had a mask on, so i obviously couldn't see his face." i saw a ghost of a smile form on his plump lips. why is he smiling? there was a short period of awkward silence between the two of us.
emma: "um... anyways, thanks for the help. i have to go." i turned around to walk away but he stopped me.
colby: "no problem. and hey," he paused as i turned back around and faced him, "you put up a damn good fight." he smirked.
emma: "you stalking me?" i teased, a smile playing on my lips.
colby: "i may or may not have seen you defend yourself as i ran to you... you know, before he almost killed you." he chuckled.
i laughed at his comment and he smiled at me. his beautiful pail skin shining in the light of the moon, the silver on his rings reflecting off of one another as he stood in front of me in the moonlit path, his gorgeous ocean blue eyes staring into my soul. i lost myself in his eyes for the second time in one night. how is this possible? how is he so damn attractive? no emma, stop. don't think that about him.
colby: "sorry for being a dick to you earlier."
why was this big badass guy apologizing to me for being an ass? i have no clue.
emma: "i'm not." i teased, smirking at him. i saw the corner of his lips slowly turn up as his eyes met mine once again. i walked away and my uber had pulled up. you know, the uber i called five minutes before i was brutally attacked by some random dude in the woods in front of sam's bunker? yeah, that uber. i climbed in and looked out through the window, seeing colby walk back into the bunker as the car moved out of his sight. thirty minutes had quickly passed and i finally got home. the uber driver kept missing his turns. he was definitely high, but it's not something i should dwell on. i walked inside my apartment and turned on some music. i started cleaning up the place, and it all took me about an hour to clean the place spotless. i cleaned kat's room, too. her shit was a disaster. what the hell went on in her room that made it that dirty and unorganized? as i was changing the song that bumped through my speakers, my phone rang. it was kat, so i picked it up immediately.

emma: "hey, kat." i took a deep breath.
kat: "hey, babe, why are you so out of breath?" she laughed.
emma: "because i just got done cleaning your room. what do you do in there when i'm not here?" i laughed.
kat: "it's not that messy." she giggled.
emma: "not anymore." i sighed, finally knowing what air is.
kat: "thanks, mom." she joked.
emma: "you're welcome, sweetie." i mimicked a mother's voice best i could.
i'm assuming i was on speaker, because i heard more than one loud laugh through my phone speaker.
kat: "i'm staying the night with sam tonight, so i'll be home tomorrow at some point."
emma: "okay sounds good. guess i'm all by myself tonight. you know what that means..." i laughed.
and then i heard mike, "ew, you're nasty." he laughed, teasing me.
emma: "oh, shut up, you perverted dumbass. i was talking about eating all of kat's food." i laughed.
mike: "RUDE!" he shouted through the phone.
emma: "chill, you might blow my eardrum if you keep screaming." i laughed out again.
kevin: "save me some food!"
kat: "DON'T EAT ALL OF MY FOOD!" she laughed.
emma: "BYE, I LOVE YOU ALL!"
everyone: "BYE, WE LOVE YOU TOO!"
we all shouted before i hung up.

i laughed to myself a little and grabbed some food out of the cabinet. it was kat's, and some was mine, but i still ate it. i turned on netflix and let it play in the background as i typed and typed on my laptop for the story that i'm writing. i don't know what it's going to be about, but i kind of want it to be about a 'mysterious and romantic love' type of story. all my stories are usually about romance. after awhile, i ended up getting really tired and i decided to get ready for bed. i did my usual night routine before falling asleep under the crisp, cold blankets on my bed as i dreamt of the dreamy, blue eyed boy that i met through sam. he truly was the most gorgeous man i've ever seen. his ring clad hands, his silver handcuffs hanging off of his pant leg and swooping down his pocket, his silver chains around his neck... i want those chains dangling over my face... his long, slender fingers had me thinking things you don't even want to know. i've never found anyone this attractive and it amazes me that two people could create the hottest child that has ever walked this earth. it's absolutely crazy to me. all i kept thinking about was how he looked at me. us lost in each other's eyes... the spark was definitely there. the question was if we were going to make something out of that spark. though, i feel like nothing will happen. i don't see anything coming out of this except maybe flirting but nothing more. my last relationship taught me to never trust a soul, so that has to do with part of it. but the other part of it is that he looks like he breaks hearts just for shits and giggles. don't really know how to feel about that, honestly.