chapter 48

i woke up happily to the sun shining bright with pride in my face. i rubbed my eyes open and looked at my phone which was charging on my nightstand. i saw that i had a missed call from colby at twelve o'clock midnight, but i knocked out cold way too early to hear my phone ring. hopefully it wasn't an important call and that he's okay. it was now ten o'clock in the morning, so, if something was really wrong, he would've shown up... right? i shook my thoughts and got out of my bed with my phone in my hand before walking into the bathroom to pee and take medicine for these fucking cramps. i don't feel as bad today, but all i want to do is cuddle up in a huge blanket and watch a movie with colby. but, his life is too exciting for any of that to happen. i mean, shit, all we were doing yesterday was watching a movie on the couch and i got kidnapped. i got fucking kidnapped! needless to say, brennen has other shit planned. he's not done with me and i could just tell by the way he had talked to me yesterday... threatening me and saying how i caused chaos between the two rivals— the spades and the sparrows. i took a deep breath, preparing myself for what's to come, and finished up in the bathroom. i then went into the kitchen to make a cup of coffee before i started to get ready. i showered and decided not to do my makeup today, but i still did my hair and got dressed. i wore a black crop top that was cut right above my breasts, showing the black Calvin Klein sports bra that i was wearing, and wore spandex under my tight, knee-length ripped jeans, showing the spandex waist band of my Nike Pro's. to top it all off, i slipped into my black Nike air forces and put on some lip gloss. i smiled at how much my self confidence has improved since mike, and stephan, but he was awhile ago, and grabbed my keys and my phone before i walked out through my front door, locking it behind me. i slipped into my car and had a thought that popped into my mind. i want to get colby something to show him how much i love and appreciate him. i feel like i haven't done enough to show him that i truly do love him and would do anything for him. and i'm not blaming the kidnappings and the torture from mike on why i haven't shown him as much love and affection as i please to, because it's simply just me. i feel as if i haven't shown him enough appreciation and i plan on hopefully fixing that today. i ran into the target closest to the bunker and bought him a huge puppy stuffed animal and chocolates. it took me a few minutes to make a decision between the giant bear and the giant dog before going with the giant puppy. it was mostly white with a black spot around the left eye of the stuffed object and black spots sporadically placed throughout the dog's entire body and tail. i grabbed the bigger package of Ferrero Rocher chocolates and checked out, shoving the receipt somewhere in my car once i got in. i put the giant, fluffy dog in the passenger seat and set the chocolates on top before heading to colby's. i still have zero clue what i should call that place. their house? a hideout? or just stick to calling it a bunker...? it wasn't even three minutes later that i pulled up to the woods line of their... bunker? yeah, i think i'll just stick to calling it a bunker. i snatched the giant stuffed dog and the chocolates after shoving my phone in my back pocket and holding my keys in my right hand before walking up to the door, careful not to step in any mud on the trail to where their bunker. once i arrived, i knocked on the huge metal door and sam opened it, smiling once he saw what was in my hand.
sam: "hey, em." he smiled an i-know-who-that's-for-but-i'm-going-to-ask-you-anyway smile.
emma: "hey, sammy." i smiled, leaning into his hug while trying not to let everything in my hands fall out.
sam: "i see you got me some things... aw," he smiled sweetly, drawing out his voice. i laughed and looked at him, "all for you," i teased, laughing at how much he was laughing. once we both settled down, he closed and locked the front door behind us and turned to me before walking back into his bedroom.
sam: "everyone is still asleep, including katrina, but colby's upstairs."
emma: "sounds good. i'll be down in a little bit." he simply nodded and went towards his bedroom as i trampled up the stairs to colby's room with the stupidest grin on my face. i walked in quietly, seeing as he was still past out asleep, and i carefully and quietly closed his bedroom door behind me. i set the stuff down on the couch in his room and i walked over to his resting body, being as quiet as i could possibly be. he was so cute when he slept. how is this possible? when i sleep, i look like damn beetle— ugly and dead. but when colby sleeps, he's an actual literal angel. i don't get it. i leaned down to him and kissed his cheek, moving slightly off of him, leaving him room to turn on his back. he smiled his beautiful smile and put his arm out to where i was standing. i crawled on top of him and sat astride him, leaning the top half of my body onto him as i hugged him. he rested his arms behind my neck, hugging me tightly before i moved next him and cuddled up against him. he held me close and kissed the top of my head, squeezing me tightly and comfortably. damnit, do i love this man.
emma: "good morning, baby." i muffled against his chest, resting my palms on his shoulder blades.
colby: "good morning, beautiful." i smiled shyly and leaned my head back away from him before i kissed his lips gently, feeling his lips connect with mine. pulled away and gazed at me with his beautiful, tired eyes that were swinging at the sun shining through the window and i noticed his hair was all messed up from bed head. he truly is the most perfect human being to roam the earth. i just don't understand... i mean, shit, i probably never will.
emma: "how'd you sleep?" i ran my fingers through his hair. i really need to get my nails done... i still
haven't gotten them done.
colby: "i slept okay. it was unnerving not having you sleep next to me, though, so i was up and down all night." he frowned, holding my hand as i brought it down from his hair. i smiled at his gentle heart and spoke on a different topic.
emma: "how was your job last night?"
colby: "it was alright, i guess. nothing important. i would've rather been cuddled up with you." he shrugged, a slow smile creeping from ear to ear on his face. damn him.
emma: "stop doing that." i joked, giggling softly.
colby: "doing what?" he chuckled, acting all innocent.
emma: "you know what you're doing, brock. i wasn't soft before i met you, you know." i shook my head.
colby: "i'm never soft when i'm around you." he smirked, winking at me once i caught his eye. okay. that was not what i meant.
emma: "colby—" i sighed, cutting myself off before i laughed harder than i expected. he laughed and kissed my cheek, immediately calming him and i both down.
colby: "i wasn't as soft as i am now before i met you, either, rede." he said softly, pulled me closer to him.
emma: "you changed me." i sighed. it was the truth.
colby: "i hope you mean that in a good way..." concern etched in his voice.
emma: "of course i meant it in a good way. i wouldn't lie to you." i spoke gently, all jokes behind us.
colby: "i know you wouldn't, baby girl. and neither would i." he kissed the top of my head once more. as time went on with colby and i'd conversation, there was a small knock on the bedroom door before it opened just seconds later. oh, it's katrina.
kat: "any wounds i should know about before i pounce on you?" she asked, genuinely cautious.
emma: "bring it on, loser." i chuckled and turned on my back, letting colby know to release me. he did, and katrina charged at me full speed, landing on top of me. she wrapped her arms around my neck and hugged me tight and we both just laughed.
emma: "i missed you, too." i laughed, trying to breathe.
kat: "it's been a minute since i've done that." she laughed as she leaned up to sit on my stomach, her sitting astride me.
colby: "jesus christ, i thought you killed her." he chuckled. we all laughed and katrina stood to her feet.
kat: "i'll be downstairs, just wanted to say hey." she smiled, walking out.
emma: "lock the door behind you."  i called after her.
and so she did, walking out after twisting the lock before closing the door behind her. i flipped over crawled on top of colby, straddling his waist as a smirk crept onto his face. i leaned down and our lips clashed almost instantly... his hands starting to travel up and down my exposed stomach with no warning before he gripped my thighs a few times while we kissed.
colby: "you got plans?" he murmured against my lips between the kisses and heavy breathing.
emma: "not right now." i murmured back, breathless.
colby: "good, 'cause i need my breakfast." he flipped me over without warning. he kissed me once more and kissed down my exposed stomach as he lowered himself down to the apex of my thighs, taking off my shorts and panties at a tortuously slow rhythm. he looked up at me with his big, desire-filled eyes and smirked, then bit his lip before his cool breath grazed my sensitive pearl. i felt my stomach twist as he kissed my folds gently while i ached for him second by second. finally, after all the teasing, his tongue circled my clitoris and i let out a throaty moan, feeling the warmth from his mouth. oh my god...
thirty minutes later, colby and i both stood to our feet, completely stripped, and we both searched for our clothes. as i bent down to grab my shorts, colby swatted my bare ass, causing me feel the slight sting. i turned around and saw him smiling. i playfully rolled my eyes and i got my lower half dressed before i slipped the top half of my outfit on.
colby: "what's that?" i turned to him as he pointed to the giant dog and chocolates on the couch, seeing as he was in his sweats with no shirt on.
emma: "just a little something to show you that i love you... a lot." i smiled, feeling shy at who knows what. he turned to me and smiled before he walked over to it.
colby: "you're so fucking cute." he said in awe, stroking his hand over the dog's fluffiness. i smiled as he opened the chocolates and stuffed a few in his mouth before he could swallow the first one. i laughed and he walked over to me and hugged me tightly. he leaned his head back, his arms still wrapped around me, and got in my face and tried to kiss me with chocolate all over his mouth. i put my hand in front of his face and turned my head to the side, laughing hysterically at the noises he was making.
emma: "colby, you have chocolate all over your face! stop!" i laughed loudly, feeling his face get closer.
colby: "if you love me, you would kiss me right now." he laughed as chocolate literally fell out of his mouth. i laughed and looked at him, holding his head back at a safe distance from me. goofball.