chapter 49

emma: "i do love you, but not enough to eat the chocolate that's pouring out of your mouth." i laughed, pushing his face away from me. he laughed and pulled away from me before he took a drink of water to help get the chocolate down. nasty ass. he set the water bottle down and walked back over to me when he was done, grabbing my waist and pulling me towards him.
colby: "how about now?" he smiled. i laughed and leaned in to him, wrapping my arms around his torso before connecting my lips with his. i melted in his arms and he held me close to him, returning my kiss passionately. i really wouldn't trade him for anything. he has done everything and more for me and i truly love him for that. nothing could pull me away from him. i then  pulled away from his lovely kiss and rested my head in his chest, feeling as he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tight.
colby: "i love you." he whispered, his voice full of promise. he kissed the top of my head and i buried my face deeper in his chest.
emma: "i love you way more." i smiled and gave him a small kiss on his neck.
colby: "thank you for the big ass dog and the chocolates. i love them." he squeezed me one last time before releasing me.
i smiled shyly, "of course, baby. had to do something to show you that i appreciate you. i was going to get you more, but i kind of need to save the money that's left in my bank account since i have no job. i'm sorry." he frowned slightly. i haven't even been worried about my money. i really need to start looking for a job.
colby: "don't be sorry, baby girl," he paused, grabbing my waist once more, "and don't worry about a job. my bank account is your bank account. i'm your provider." he smiled from ear to ear.
emma: "colby, you're the leader of one of the most dangerous, but soft, gangs out of the all of the other ones that roam these streets of LA. how could you possibly have enough money to provide for the both of us? i'm getting a job."
colby: "hence the "one of the most dangerous"," he paused, "we get whatever we want. especially when it comes to money dealing, we get it all." he said proudly, a cocky smirk on his face.
emma: "whatever you say..." i sighed, looking up at him dearly.
colby: "you don't need a job," he cradled my head in his large hands, "you have me." he whispered, gazing at me sincerely.
emma: "just promise me you'll stay safe when it comes to that kind of stuff. just because you come in to save the day, doesn't mean somebody else won't. you're not the only gang afraid to take another person's life." i spoke after a beat. his eyes, man...
colby: "don't worry, my love. everything is perfectly fine." he sounded so worry-free that it made him sound like he's taking this a little too lightly.
emma: "whatever you say..." i sighed, moving away from him and sitting on his bed. he walked over to his dresser and took his shirt off, replacing it with a clean black t-shirt before he ran his fingers through his hair roughly.
emma: "i think i might ask katrina if she wants to go clubbing with me tonight." he jerked his head to my direction, scrutinizing me immensely.
colby: "not without me, you're not. i don't trust those guys and what they might do." he shook his head, facing towards me.
emma: "baby, it's fine. i know how to handle it." i reasoned.
colby: "babe, it's not even that. it's what they can do. you're my lady, no one else's, and some drunk guy who gawks at you won't respect that." his voice stern but gentle. ugh. isn't it illegal to be this hot?
colby: "i'll go with you, but you're not going just you and katrina. i'm sure sam feels the same way about katrina going by herself." he walked over to me and sat down next to me on his bed. wait, what about his drinking? i thought he didn't want to be near any alcohol?
emma: "uhm..." i drawled out, "you know what, let's just stay in tonight." i patted his leg gently. he can't go through that again. his brows furrowed and he looked at me as if i had just grown a ball sack.
colby: "emma, my drinking is under control. i promised you i wouldn't let it happen again and i meant it. don't worry." he said gently, his face softening. i sighed deeply, looking back up at colby, "as long as you're sure."
colby: "i'm sure. i"ll be okay, i promise." he smiled, gripping my hand tightly and comfortably. i smiled up at him and nodded, "you ready to go downstairs?"
colby: "sure." he shrugged. i nodded and we both walked downstairs, seeing as everyone, including my best friend, was sitting o the couch conversing and laughing. they all looked up at us, the room going quiet.
elton: "morning, guys." he chuckled. why is he laughing?
sam: "it's about time you guys woke up. it's going on two o'clock in the afternoon." he checked his phone before shoving it back in his pocket. kevin looked up at colby and i and laughed.
kevin: "okay, don't play it off. we heard them... you know... they weren't asleep and we all know it." he laughed, everyone else joining in. i could feel my face heating up from embarrassment.
emma: "okay," i sighed, "kevin..." i shook my head, attempting to scrub my face back to normal color.
elton: "she didn't deny it!" he laughed, "oh, and neither is colby!" he laughed even louder. why is this so funny? i looked back up at colby and saw a proud smirk playing in his lips while my face looked like bright red paint. i turned away and put my head on colby's chest, feeling as embarrassed as i'll ever be. yes, we had twenty minutes ago, but why is it funny? colby brought his arms around me and let them hang loosely around my torso, his laugh reverberating through my body. as my back was turned to the group, i could hear the fake moaning and name calling coming from everyone's mouth, including katrina. seriously, why are they still laughing?
katrina: "alright, guys. can we stop torturing emma?" she shouted over everyone before taking a deep breath.
sam: "torturing? you were the one making the comment about her screaming "daddy"." he laughed. i turned around out of colby's arms quicker than the blink of an eye.
katrina: "yeah, because we live together and i've never heard her scream like that before!" she wheezed, her face turning red from laughing.
emma: "sam! katrina!" i exclaimed, my face returning to it's bright red color. oh my fucking god.
sam: "what did i do!" he exclaimed, putting his arms up in surrender. i turned around back to colby and sighed, "we really need to be quieter." i shook my head.
colby: "what if i don't want you to be quieter?" he spoke quietly, his voice menacing.
emma: "then you'll have to test my limits, brock." i smirked, feeling my face return back to normal color. his eyes turned dark and everyone's laughs eventually drowned out and died down.
emma: "clubbing tonight?" i announced, asking the group.
kat: "oh, fuck yeah." she cheered.
kevin: "duh." he giggled.
elton: "of course i'm going." he smiled.
sam: "i'm only going if katrina's going." he shrugged. i looked over at colby and he smiled, giving me the
i-told-you look from our previous conversation upstairs.
emma: "who's driving to and from?"
colby raised his hand, "me."
elton: "you're not drinking, are you?" he asked,
concerned.
colby: "no, i'm not. just going to have fun." he smiled. everyone smiled and colby and i maneuvered our way to the couch and sat down. as we all conversed and talked about timing for tonight, my phone buzzed against my pocket. i unlocked it and it was from a random number. who could that be? i unlocked my phone and read the text messages, terrified at the first sentence. i leaned away from colby and focused my attention on the messages in front of me.