chapter 7 (colby's pov)

i woke up to elton violently shaking me awake when i was perfectly asleep and comfortable in my bed.
elton: "wake up, son."
i groaned. it's saturday for christ's sake, why do i have to be up?
colby: "what do you want?" i buried my face in my pillow which resulted in a muffled sound that came out of my mouth.
elton: "your girlfriend's here, wake up." he chuckled evilly. i flipped him off and rolled over and looked at him. wait, my girlfriend?
colby: "who?" i asked, confused.
elton: "emma. she's downstairs and she's dressed like she came to impress someone..." he smirked.
impress? i felt my cheeks turn red, causing me to scrub my face so elton didn't notice.
colby: "elton, why are you up here?" i shook my head, finally sitting up out of bed while i remove my hands from my face.
elton: "because we're going to the mall and sam and i wanted to know if you wanted to go."
is emma going to be there?
colby: "who's going?"
elton: "me, sam, kevin, katrina, and emma."
she is going...
colby: "dude, i don't know. i just woke up." i groaned.
elton: "well, come downstairs. i made food if you want some."
i followed him out of my room, not bothering putting a shirt on, there was no point, but i did look a complete mess. i ran my hand through my hair trying to look somewhat decent. i reached the end of the stairs and saw emma standing next to kat and sam. i stopped and looked at her for a second before elton caught my attention. i saw her long enough to know how fucking sexy she looked in those revealing clothes. i bet she'd look better with those clothes off... she was so gorgeous. and her curvature in those tight jeans of hers? oh my god. i wanted to kiss every inch of her. i honestly don't understand how someone could look that perfect.
elton: "colby! think fast!" he held a banana in his hands.
colby: "throw it. no balls." i held my hands up.
elton: "if you miss and this splatters on the floor, you're cleaning it up." he smirked. i peeped emma out of my peripheral vision. her big eyes gazing at me in amazement. i smiled to myself at the fact that i didn't have to do anything to catch her attention. all i had to do was stand there.
elton: "you ready?" he got his arm steady in the air to throw at me.
colby: "bring it on." i smirked and held my hands up. elton launches his arm and there was soon a flying banana being torpedoed at me. he threw it so hard that i heard the whistle of wind as it came towards me. i went to grab it midair, and my fingers brushed the side of it as it flew past me. i looked at elton, and heard a weird squish sound from behind me. i turn around and groan, seeing the mess of splattered banana all over the floor.
elton: "tuff shit, big guy." he laughed from the kitchen. katrina, sam, and everyone else started bursting out laughing. i look over at everyone and only one smile caught my eye. that beautiful girl, who's now cemented into my brain without an idea why, was smiling big but not necessarily laughing.
i just embarrassed myself in front of her. goddamnit.
i soon saw everyone, including emma, walk out of my sight to wherever they were going. i started to walk into the kitchen to grab towels to clean up the mess, but emma beat me to it. she held up the roll of paper towel in her hands and smiled. i smiled at her and held my hand out to grab the roll.
colby: "here, let me."
emma: "it's okay, i'll get this. elton said to tell you that there's food in the kitchen." she walked past me and over to the mess. she's sexy and nice? how much better could she get? i walk over to where she's kneeling and cleaning up, and i snatch a piece of paper towel that was laid out on the ground. i hopped in front of her and put my hand to work as i scrubbed the damn banana off the floor. she looked up at me, causing me to look up at her, and our eyes locked in a matter of seconds.
it's something about those eyes!
she blushed and looked back down and scrubbed the floor. i did the same and felt her hand brush over mine. my heart started to beat a little faster at the electricity that i felt zing through my veins from her touch. we both shot our eyes up towards each other with wide eyes and rosy cheeks. she felt it too.
there was zero talking between the two of us, yet i could tell we were both thinking the same thing. all of a sudden, she cleared her throat and stood up quickly with blood rushing to her face.
emma: "um... thanks for... helping me clean that up."
i smiled at her nervousness. yeah, she definitely felt the electricity.
colby: "no, thank you for helping me clean that up. it was my mess." i shrugged, smiling like an idiot.
she smiled, her face returning to normal color. i felt my own face heat back up.
emma: "here, i'll take that." she glanced down at my hands that were holding the dirty towel pieces and held out her own hands out to grab it. i smiled at her generosity and put the towels in her hand. she blushed and as she was about to walk away, we heard elton whistle.
elton: "it's a shame that your banana dropped, colby." he smirked and glanced from me to emma.
oh, that son of a bitch. he did this on purpose.
colby: "you did that on purpose didn't you?"
elton: "what? never." he exasperated, being sarcastic, a sneaky smile slowly forming.
emma glanced at me and hurried into the kitchen to throw away the towels. everyone else in the house came out of hiding, like this was all part of elton's plan, and laughed hysterically. i walked into the kitchen as emma walked out of the kitchen and grabbed a plate and put some food on top of it, ignoring everyone's comments. i sat down at the counter and ate, seeing emma out of the corner of my eye talking with katrina. i glanced over at her and looked back at my plate. i wanted to stare at her forever. take in the curvature of her body and see the sparkle in her eyes when she looks at me. everything about her was perfect. i just want to sit and have a full on conversation with this girl. i'm never like that with any female. she's making me soft, and i've only known her for not even a full day. i mean for christ's sake, we had a fuck-off conversation and i can't stop thinking about her. dear god, what was she doing to me? not only that, but i have never been this soft for a female. i need to stop this. i need to get back on track. i'm a gang leader, not a bookworm. get it together, colby.
when i finished my food, sam came up to me.
sam: "hey, brother." he clasped my shoulder and shook me a little.
colby: "what's up?"
sam: "you coming to the mall?"
colby : "i think so. i have no plans and i'm bored as hell."
sam: "sounds good. you might want to get ready now, though, because we're leaving soon."
i nodded and went back upstairs to my room after i cleaned up my mess at the table. i didn't see emma while i cleaned up my plate. where did she go? i turned my music on and showered and did my normal routine. i got out after ten or so minutes, and i did what i usually do to my hair— blow dry it and fluff it with my fingers— and i got dressed. i put my rings and chains on— the ones on my pants and the few accessories i wore around my neck everyday. i then put on cologne and i walked downstairs, wanting to smell and look extra good for... reasons. i saw kevin, katrina, sam, elton, and emma standing by the front door just all of them on their phones.
kat: "it's about time." she giggled.
oh please, you act like you don't take hours to get ready. i rolled my eyes and we all walked out and got to mine and sam's car.
sam: "babe, drive my car. you, emma, and kevin will ride in there. colby, elton, and i will drive in his car." he told katrina. what if i don't want elton in the same car as me? he's probably going to say something to sam.
kat: "sounds good. see you at the mall."
sam: "okay. love you."
kat: "love you more."
they both sounded so... into each other.
emma: "ew." she mumbled all too loudly with an added sigh.
all of us laughed and we hopped into our separate cars.
elton: "so, sam. i think colby... has a little crush." he giggled. fucker.
colby: "no i don't, elton. shut the fuck up." i snapped.
sam: "why are you getting so defensive?" he smirked.
goddammit. i should've kept my mouth shut.
colby: "why are you both being so annoying?" i retorted.
they laughed and we proceeded to drive.
sam: "it's okay, brother. i saw you and her this morning. i could already tell." he laughed and i rolled my eyes.