chapter 5 (colby's pov)

i made my way back inside the bunker after i helped emma and saw that she made it safely into her uber. she really did impress me. and she looked amazing. the moon light reflecting off of her porcelain skin just perfectly, her big hoops letting off that sparkle. she was perfect. no, colby, stop. don't do this...
sam: "what happened?" he asked, wide eyed.
colby: "a random guy in a mask attacked her, so i helped her out." i sounded more casual than anything.
mike: "wait, is she okay?"
stop worrying mike, she's fine.
colby: "yeah, she's good. she can put up and damn good fight, though."
elton: "that's my girl." he smiled proudly.
elton was always the dad figure in all of our lives... apparently in emma's life too.
colby: "anyways, i'm going to sleep."
sam: "wait, katrina's going to stay the night tonight. hope you don't mind." they pecked each other on the lips.
colby: "alright." i shrugged.
kat: "i'm going to call emma. who wants to say hey?" she pulled her phone out from her back pocket.
my eyes widened in surprise when everyone shouted "me!" at the top of there lungs. they really do love her like a sister, don't they? well, at least i know sam does.
colby: "you guys really do love her, don't you?" i chuckled.
jake: "of course we love her. she's like family."
tara: "and she deserves to be treated like family." she scowled at me.
colby: "give me that look one more time and i will-" jake stopped me.
jake: "chill out, brother. it's not that deep."
i rolled my eyes in response and katrina dialed emma on the phone, then put her on speaker.
kat: "hey, babe. why are you so out of breath?" she laughed. i walked into the kitchen while they were all on the phone with emma and poured myself a glass of water. i took a sip of the crisp, refreshing water and took a second to breathe and think about what just happened. who was that guy that attacked emma? was it someone against our gang? opposing members? my mind kept flitting back to emma said that "the bruises will go away soon." did the masked man hurt her to that extent? what would they even have against emma. she only just came to the house today, well, that i know of. deep down i pray that she gets home safe. i shook the negative thoughts away put my glass in the sink. when i walked back into the living room, everyone  was laughing hysterically.
kat: "thanks, mom." she joked.
emma: "you're welcome, sweetie." she mimicked a mother's voice. i chuckled to myself and shook my head. there was no doubt that there was a smile on my face, but i quickly wiped it off my face when i realized that everyone could see me. everyone was talking to her on the phone and i just made my way over to the island in the kitchen and went on my phone, listening to emma speak. hearing her voice was so... soothing to me. i heard everyone say "we love you too!" and i walked back out to the living room and sat with everybody, assuming that she was no longer on the phone.
elton: "why did you have that smile on your face, son?"
nobody said anything, not even me. i didn't know who he was talking to. though, i did feel eyes on me from every angle. i was too lost in my thoughts of emma and the masked man. but what took over my mind the most was how fucking sexy she was. i imagine her body under mine and feel myself squirm in my seat... just wanting to hear her-
kevin: "colby, hello? is anyone home?" he snapped his fingers in front of my face, dragging me out of a reverie that i didn't want to be dragged out of. i shook my head and looked at elton.
colby: "wait, you were talking to me?"
elton: "no, i was talking to the couch. yes, i was talking to you." he sassed. i rolled my eyes.
colby: "anyways, what'd you say?"
mike: "he asked why you had that smile on your face when emma was on the phone, brother." ah, shit.
i looked over and saw sam with that look on his face. you know, the one that says
i-was-right-and-i-told-you-so. but what was he right about? he probably had a talk with katrina or something... talking about me behind my back. lying ass.
colby: "i wasn't smiling, i was laughing." i scowled at them.
elton: "even still, no one ever makes you laugh."
shit, he was right.
sam: "alright, you guys leave him alone. he's just going to get mad and we all know that doesn't turn out well." he gave a pointed look towards everyone. i rolled my eyes in response, but grateful that he stuck up for me. thank you, samuel. even though he's a pain in the ass sometimes, he's still always been there for me and stuck up for me when i needed him too— this was one of those times.
kevin: "fine, but all i'm saying is that you and her would go great together. you guys act just like each other. for example, you both have that attitude problem," he paused when everyone gave him a dumbfounded, blank stare as we all sat in silence, "no? just me?"
everyone laughed while i just sat there thinking about emma.
mike: "no, i agree. the only difference is that she's hot as fuck."
mike can stop talking right about now.
colby: "alright, alright. enough. i'm going to sleep and just so you know, we're scheduled with no jobs tomorrow." i headed towards the stairs.
i didn't mind if katrina heard when we talked about our 'gang jobs' or 'missions'... whatever they're called. she had already known everything because sam had told her awhile back.
sam: "sounds good and i'm going ask emma if she wants to come over tomorrow."
kat: "she won't. this was a one time thing. you heard her earlier today before we got here." one time thing... meaning, never again?
i turned around to them. i want her to come back over. it's nice to have someone stand their ground up to me. it annoys the shit out of me, but to have someone come to the house that acts like me? it's a nice change, if i'm being honest.
colby: "whatever you decide, count me out. goodnight." i turned on my heel and walked upstairs into my room before anybody could say anything. i took my shirt off and jumped in the hot shower, letting my thoughts take over and my stress be lifted off of my shoulders. when the water turned cold, i dried off and wrapped a towel around my waist before walking back into my bedroom where i put on my sweatpants and towel dried my hair. then, i brushed my teeth, washed my face, and laid in bed, falling asleep quickly to the memory of emma standing in the moonlit path in the darkness around us. her long, thick, beautiful hair was blowing with the wind and the way she looked at me... it was like i was swimming in her deep, never-ending pool of blue. i thought back to how her jeans fit her... just right. there wasn't a single flaw in her physical appearance. her makeup was done up very well— casual but bougie and i briefly wondered how she would look with a natural face. yeah, i definitely want to see her again. even if all i do is look at her, that would be a reward in itself. it's almost like she's the one person that everyone looks up to and strives to be. a role model, if you would. and sure, i've had females step into my life that were undeniably gorgeous, but there was something about emma. something that i couldn't just... walk away from. if she never comes back here, i'm going to blame myself because it was mostly my fault. i felt bad at first, until she smiled at me. her beautiful smile... the guilt i felt moments before she smiled disintegrated when it was obvious that she wasn't genuinely upset from our bickering session. her lips molded into that beautiful smile as she blushed and her cheeks turned rosy... yeah, she's never going to get out of my head...