chapter 43

sam: "you two seem happy." he smiled, musing at the stupid huge smiles on our faces. i looked over and saw colby smile his infamously huge smile and it was the cutest fucking thing i've ever seen.
kat: "see, emma, i told you," she paused, "i'm happy for you." she smiled.
emma: "you were right." i playfully rolled my eyes.
kat: "i'm never wrong." she laughed.
kevin: "i'm happy for you two," he paused, "but colby, if you do anything remotely close to what you did a couple of nights ago... you're dead." his face impassive. elton came up to stand next to him and nodded his head, agreeing with kevin as if they'd talked about this in a previous private conversation. colby gripped my hand a little tighter, "you have my word." he spoke, his face soft. i've never had anyone stand up for me like that before, so i was definitely shocked at first, too.
kevin: "anyways, on a more happy note," he paused, smiling as he walked over to the couch with elton behind him, "the club was lit as fuck last night. you missed a good time, em." i laughed and shook my head before looking over at colby with the stupidest smile on my face. wow, i am so super happy right now...
emma: "it was well worth missing."
colby: "you're the best." he smiled.
emma: "i try." i whispered, sighing, with a smile.
he kissed my cheek and hugged me from behind as we both stood in front of everybody.
sam: "what's our plan today, guys?"
colby: "emma and i have plans."
emma: "we do?" what?
colby: "yes, ma'am." he geeked. i chuckled and laid my head back in his chest while he nuzzled his face in my neck and kissed it softly. before everyone had discussed what they wanted to do, colby and i headed upstairs to supposedly get set ready for whatever he has planned.
colby: "baby, you might have to borrow an outfit from katrina. we don't have time to go to your place." he shut the door behind us.
emma: "where are we even going?" what do i need to wear?
colby: "mind your business, you'll find out soon enough." he winked. i sighed and walked downstairs to katrina and the others.
emma: "kat!" i called out.
kat: "emma!" she mocked me. rat.
emma: "may i borrow more of your clothes, please?"
kat: "yeah, for sure. you know where they're at." i nodded and went into sam's room where her stuff was. it felt weird wing in sam's room... but only because after all the years i've known him, i've never seen his room or anything. i grabbed an outfit and some of katrina's makeup and went into the guest bathroom to shower. after about twenty minutes, i got out of the shower and dried off. i did my makeup, using some of katrina's newly clean brushes, and i got dressed, wearing blue-washed jean shorts with a white bodysuit and a long, sheer, mesh wrap that flowed down to the underside of my mid-thighs. damn, i look good. it took awhile after the shit that mike had put me through to get my somewhat portion of self-confidence back, but it came back after some time. i haven't told myself i looked good and actually meant it in forever. i placed my dirty clothes and towel where they needed to go and i walked back upstairs into colby's room. he looked me up and down and smiled, being caught off guard as he was about to pull his shirt over his head.
colby: "how'd i get so lucky to have a queen as my girlfriend?" he smiled and walked up to me, leaving his shirt lying on the bed. he gripped my waist and pulled me close to him, causing me to blush, and i kissed his lips softly. he kissed me passionately amd then pulled away.
colby: "let me get dressed and then we can go."
emma: "wait, don't you have a job today?" my eyes wide in realization. shit, i completely forgot.
colby: "not until later tonight." oh.
i nodded and he pulled away from me before going over to his closet. he had looked a little off, considering the last look he gave me before he walked away, but i didn't know what was wrong. i brushed it off, figured i'd ask him later. if something were wrong, he'd tell me... right? he got dressed, pulling his black t-shirt over his head to match his tight black jeans that allowed his chains to hang from his pockets, and we both walked downstairs. we said good-bye to everyone, earning smiled from them, and we walked out. we slid into colby's car and he started the drive to wherever we were going. i still have no clue. the car ride was mostly silent, but not an awkward silence, while his hand rested on my thigh the entire time. after about ten minutes or so, we arrived in the parking lot of IHOP. oh, i love this place! i looked over at colby and he smiled at me as he put the car in park.
colby: "first stop, IHOP." he smiled sheepishly.
emma: "did you say that because it rhymed?" i mused, entertained by his clever word play.
colby: "no." he laughed, hiding the fact that i was right.
emma: "mhm." i laughed, stepping out of colby's corolla. we walked inside hand in hand and we waited to get seated. while we waited, i felt it.
emma: "hold on, i'm going to use the restroom really quickly."
he nodded and i walked to the bathroom hurriedly. i got in a stall and was upset after i was finished. ahh, fuck, i just started my period. luckily, i had a spare tampon in my bag... but still. ugh! we all bleed, emma, my subconscious shakes her head. not all. i washed my hands and walked out of the bathroom, feeling my cramps kick in. as i was walking, i noticed two guys who were staring me down from different angles. i felt uncomfortable and i tried to speed walk past them, but apparently that didn't work... because one of them came up and slapped my ass before i could make it past them. oh, what the fuck! i turned around, my eyes wide.
emma: "don't fucking touch me." i said sternly and walked away hurriedly. as i did so, Hercules—colby—came sauntering up to where i was standing, eyeing the men in the back corner. the men had to have been in their mid twenties, or so.
colby: "are you okay?" he asked me, worried by angry.
emma: "i'm fine. second booth to the left by the restrooms." i walked out of the building while he stormed over to where i pointed. i didn't know what he was going to do, but i didn't care at this point. i honestly just want to go back to my place and sit in my bed and crawl up into a ball with all the pain that i'm in. i knew the cramps that i've been having were menstrual related, but knowing that i actually started my period just makes the pain worse... if you know what i mean. i didn't want to ruin what colby had planned, so i sucked it up and went with whatever he wanted to do. i hope it doesn't involve anything too drastic, though. and just as i went to pull my phone out of my pocket, colby stormed out of the restaurant and towards the car. oh dear god...