chapter 6

i was rudely woken up the next morning to my phone ringing. i looked at the screen and rolled my eyes. fuck you, sam. i declined it and closed my eyes again. he called again, but i just let it ring. i put my head under my pillows and dozed back off into a light sleep. a few minutes later, my bedroom door swung open, causing me to come out from hiding from under my pillows, and sam came barreling through the door before jumping on top of me. he shook the shit out of me trying to wake me up while katrina was just standing in the doorway recording it all on her phone.
emma: "dude, what the hell." i groaned and covered my face with my pillow after smacking sam in the face with it.
sam: "why were you ignoring my calls?" he put his hand on his cheek where the pillow met his face.
emma: "because i was asleep." i closed my eyes once again.
sam: "that's no excuse. get up." he laughed and kat put her phone back in her pocket.
i rolled my eyes at him and he got off of me. i sat up and scrubbed my face with my hands before running my fingers through my matted hair. why did they wake me up?
emma: "hey, kat." i yawned.
kat: "hey, emma." she smiled.
emma: "how'd you sleep?"
kat: "pretty good. how much of my food did you eat?"
emma: "a lot."
sam, kat, and i all laughed.
sam: "are you working today?"
emma: "depends on the reason you're asking."
sam: "come over today?"
ooh, that can't happen.
emma: "i can't, i'm working." i lied. honestly, it's not like i go to work, anyways. i'm constantly missing work. it's just a small shop that sells coffee. rarely any business, rarely any people. the guy that owns it tells us employees to not even bother coming in because they're about to get shut down, anyways.
kat: "no you're not. you don't work." she laughed.
just give away all my fucking secrets, why don't you. jesus. i rolled my eyes.
sam: "liar." he smirked.
emma: "oh, shut up." i chuckled.
sam: "can you please come over?"
emma: "no. your friend was an asshole. i'm not trying to cause problems."
kat: "since when do you care about not causing problems?"
because he's hot and i don't want to argue with someone who looks like they could kill someone by looking at them.
emma: "because he genuinely scared the shit out of me and i don't want to get yelled at because of my smart ass mouth."
sam: "well, that smart ass mouth had colby smiling yesterday." he smirked.
emma: "how?" i asked confused.
kat : "who knows," she shrugged, "but come hang with us today?"
emma: "can we go to the mall? we could ask mike, kevin, elton, and jake. and the girls, obviously."
sam: "i'm down, i need more clothes."
kat: "yeah, same. let's do it."
emma: "alright. let me get ready and we can go to your place to ask who's coming with."
sam: "and if they say no, can you stay over?"
why does he want me over there so bad?
emma: "why can't we ever hang out at my place?"
sam: "because my place is more fun."
i rolled my eyes and let out a long, not needed, exaggerative sigh.
emma: "i'll think about it."
kat: "get ready." she laughed and shook her head. i laughed and they walked out of my room, closing the door behind them. i got out of bed and turned on some music, bumping the top hits of the morning through my loud speaker. i showered and did my makeup, then got dressed. all of it taking me about an hour before i was ready to go. my outfit was... revealing. i wore tight, blue washed jeans with very few rips in them and i wore a top that resembled a bralette, but it wasn't a bralette. it had skinny straps on the shoulders and then strings wrapping around my torso as it reached the top of where my jeans sat on my waist. i looked in the mirror at my final reveal and i smirked at myself. damn, i look hot. i put on my perfume, and of course my hoops, rings, and necklaces, and i walked out of my room.
kat: "took you long enough." she joked. i laughed and shrugged.
emma: "ready when you guys are." i chuckled.
sam: "let's go, dudes!" he said enthusiastically and pumped the air with his fist. it is too damn early for this much excitement.
kat and i walked out with sam and he drove us to his place. i still don't understand why they all live in a damn bunker. it's not like they're trying to avoid going to jail or something. then again, they are strange people. but i love 'em anyway. as i sat in the backseat of sam's car, i briefly wondered if colby would be there. maybe he'll notice me... i want to see him again. i don't know why, but i do. after about twenty minutes or so, we got to the front of the woods and sam parked. we walked to the door and we walked inside, my anxiety skyrocketing because who knows why as soon as the door opened. why am i so nervous? elton was in the kitchen cooking, kevin was on the couch on his phone, and jake was talking to someone on the phone.
kevin: "JELLY BEAN! YOU'RE BACK!" he shouted and ran to me. i caught my balance beforehand so that he didn't push me over again, and i hugged him back.
elton: "hey, emma." he walked over with a smile on his face and hugged me.
emma: "hey." i smiled and hugged him back, of course. i didn't see corey or devyn in there though. hmm... weird.
sam: "do you guys want to go to the mall?"
kevin: "hell yeah!" he shouted.
mike: "i have plans." he said dryly.
elton: "i'm down." he smiled.
jake: "i'm hanging with tara today."
kat: "well, guess it's just me, emma, sam, kevin, and elton." she hooked her arm through my own and smiled at me. jake left out through the front door to who knows where without saying a word and mike and kevin went and sat on the couch.
elton: "did you ask colby?"
oh, dear god.
sam: "no, but i can if you want me too."
elton: "emma, you're okay with him going, right?"
yes... but why are they asking me? is it because of yesterday?
emma: "yeah, for sure." i nodded.
he smirked a sneaky smirk and walked upstairs.
why'd he look at me like that?
kat: "babe, could you get me a water?" she asked sam.
sam: "yeah, of course."
he walked off and kat pulled me aside, unhooking her arm from me in the process.
emma: "everything okay?"
kat: "yeah, i just wanted to tell you to try and be nice to everyone today. especially with colby."
emma: "i'm always nice. but back to colby, if he says something first, i'm saying something back. i don't get stepped on, you know this."
she rolled her eyes and sam came over with her water. i walked away so that they could talk and i walked over to mike and kevin who were sitting on the couch. we were joking around and having a good time, but mike was being weird. constantly staring at my breasts and my thighs... weirdo. then after a few minutes, i got up and walked back over to kat and talked to her and sam, seeing elton come downstairs in the process. as we were talking, the infamous colby came walking down the stairs. he was shirtless and wearing grey sweats, his long fingers running gracefully through his messy, blue-streaked hair. i didn't stare, i don't think. but damn, he was hot as shit. if i could, i would just stand there and stare at him for hours to take in the perfection of his body.
his abs... his tattoo... and his plump, pink lips... his lips would look better on me, though... even his print was showing through his sweatpants and it really got me thinking some sinful things. so sinful that even god would be disappointed.
sam: "look who's finally awake." he walked over to colby, leaving kat who stood next to me.
kat: "he looks so innocent and nice, but he's not." she whispered.
nothing about this boy was innocent. he looked like an angel at this very moment... but as soon as he gets his all black outfit and rings on, he'll go back to looking like a damn bully. screw him for being so damn attractive.
emma: "i agree." i whispered back at her.
kat: "emma, you're staring." she whispered, pulling me out of my zone. shit, i was?
emma: "was it noticeable?" my cheeks flaming red.
kat: "not too bad. i pulled you out of whatever you were thinking in time so that he didn't see you."
oh, i don't think you want to know what i was thinking, katrina.