Chapter 47

Camryn's POV

"Are you okay?" He asks for the millionth time as I rest my head on his chest and he rubs my back.

"No," I respond, changing up my answer to scare him. It works.

"What? I'm sorry was it something I... you should've told me to..." he panics, shifting his body so he's looking down at me.

"Colton I'm joking!" I laugh. "I'm completely fine, relax." Colton's face calms a little. His face in the moonlight looks flawless and his hair is messy from our... activity.

"Don't mess with me like that," he sighs lying back down. He continues to rub my bare back as he whispers, "I've never been with a virgin before, I just want to make sure I didn't hurt you."

"Oh it hurt," I say, "but I'm okay so relax, I'm not this delicate little flower," I tease him.

"Yes you are," he groans, pulling me into a tight bear hug. "You're my little delicate flower." I burst out into laughter at his out-of-character comment and he quickly brings his hand to my mouth to keep me quiet. I almost forgot that we're not alone in the house.

"Hey, that's the second time tonight I had to cover your mouth to keep you quiet," Colton smirks.

"Stop!" I gasp, swatting his arm as he laughs.

"Wow, how did this night go from you slapping me, to this?" He whispers. I completely forgot about that. That is not like me to do such a thing. No woman should ever lay a hand on her significant other and vice versa.

"I'm so sorry about that, I..." I start to apologize.

"Hey, hey, hey, I deserved it."

"That doesn't matter," I object.

"Yes it does. I did a shitty thing by letting you worry about me for over a week, okay? I know you didn't mean to, but I understand why you did it," he holds me tighter and leans in towards my ear as he whispers, "and looking on the bright side, I got to make love to the most beautiful girl in the world, the girl I get to call my girlfriend and my first love."

My heart skips a beat at his words. I don't know if it's because I haven't seen him in a week or what, but the butterflies in my stomach are resurrecting. Colton's always been sweet... well, since we've officially been together, but tonight something's different. I love it, and I love him.

"Now get some rest, you're gonna need it," he smirks. I oblige and curl up a little closer to him as I close my eyes, soon falling into a deep, blissful sleep.